"Passport photo" (Oriental Magpie Robin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin2902

May 11, 2004
D70 + Tokina ATX AF 400mm f5.6 SD

I think this is my first time trying something like that. I don't think I could have got anywhere close with my previous lens (70-300G) :sweat:

Your views on how to improve or simply what you don't like / find ugly about it are greatly appreciated so that I can learn from this one. Many thanks !

1803MR2.jpg

i tink it would suit the 'passport photo' theme better if it was looking straight at you.. hee :cool:

that's one cutie magpie!! :thumbsup:

xmen2003 said:
Slightly soft. What are your comments on this lens? How much is it?
Hm, I've only taken it out just once for testing yesterday. My first impressions are that the AF seems to be quite fast. It's physically well built yet relatively lightweight and you can shoot handheld as long there is good lighting. I've posted another test image using the same lens here : http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=121802

I got it used at a good price from a shop (hm ... price is a secret :bsmilie: ) but there is a problem with one of the lens elements (the suspected main cause of the softness and loss of contrast in all my captures) that can only be fixed by replacing it entirely. That alone will cost me about S$100-S$150 more. So that means I have yet to experience the true and full potential of this lens yet.

i find that the focus is off the face.. would've been nicer if it's on the face itself.. composition is already ok

Status
Not open for further replies.