Parit Jawa, Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice captures! I have some relatives staying in the kampung about 15 mins away from where you took your photos. it is a nice and serene place. very laid back.

It was nice. Many of my relatives are living there & my Grandpa's shop is still there after almost 60yrs! We still visit this place at least once a year. In fact, we went back for a wedding recently. Unfortunately, we don't have any photos of the original jetty. Didn't know about the cameraman story but how much damage can it cause? I remember we would sit @ the benches & enjoy the breeze. Yes, there were benches on the bridge & within the hut. I think the local govt won't be bothered with it anymore. You know Malaysia la... besides, the sea has moved back few kms now & I think in 20yrs time, the port might just be closed for good.

My uncle does have an aerial photo of the entire town that covers the beach from either pre WWII or the 60s.

Those birds are BIG. I think the wingspan is almost 2 metres across & Parit Jawa was featured in the papers before about these migratory birds.

I still can see the broken structure of the hut (on the right platform )on the photo taken in 2006.

nice captures! I have some relatives staying in the kampung about 15 mins away from where you took your photos. it is a nice and serene place. very laid back.

Thanks edarkflame, this is one place that I will visit often for wkend relaxation.
This place is also famous for Otak... I bought some from a otak factory near by.:)

I dig out my 2006 photos archive and saw some photos of broken jetty and the famous Lesser Adjutant.
Thought this might interests those that missed their childhood hometown at Parit Jawa and also for those that take interests in the development of this Tranquil fishing village.

To view large images , click here :
Parit Jawa

Sun Bath
p351151649-3.jpg

Meditation

p273298971-3.jpg

Intruder
p79043469-4.jpg

Last edited:
A great place for a weekend relaxation.
Here is one pix I took during the night...a serene quiet fishing village in the night with cloud trial.

Cheers:)

p224635596-3.jpg

More pix :-
Parit Jawa slide show

Parit Jawa Gallery

Additional pix of Lesser Adjutant on thread#24

Hi Stan,

Your photos never fail to amaze me. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

very nice album.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A great place for a weekend relaxation.
Here is one pix I took during the night...a serene quiet fishing village in the night with cloud trial.

Cheers:)

p224635596-3.jpg

More pix :-
Parit Jawa slide show

Parit Jawa Gallery

Additional pix of Lesser Adjutant on thread#24

Amazing... 2 mins of exposure...
I start to wondering when can i take a photo near to this standard...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thx soundmax.

Quite :confused: to see the jetty badly torn and I could no more move to the edge to capture its tranquility as before.

p86284141-3.jpg

Hi Hosea,
This pic is great definately.

Amazing... 2 mins of exposure...
I start to wondering when can i take a photo near to this standard...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lumjl, Thanks for kind comment.
You would attain your goal as long as you keep on shooting.
Show us some of your photos too.:)

nice shoot Hosea,

was spoke to the photographer from Kluang in Parit Jawa 2 weeks back. there are a photography competition in Pt. Jawa.

saw few guys talking photo there. some from Muar and some are from Penang.

see the link below.
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/JohorBuzz/Tuesday/Stories/2512090/Article/

Also, that guy told me a Singaporean bring a SGD10k lens there to took photo. are you the one? haha...

btw, I went there for my breakfast, my hometown in Muar.

nice shoot Hosea,

was spoke to the photographer from Kluang in Parit Jawa 2 weeks back. there are a photography competition in Pt. Jawa.

saw few guys talking photo there. some from Muar and some are from Penang.

see the link below.
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/JohorBuzz/Tuesday/Stories/2512090/Article/

Also, that guy told me a Singaporean bring a SGD10k lens there to took photo. are you the one? haha...

btw, I went there for my breakfast, my hometown in Muar.

Thanks Jsim for comment and info about the competition.
I’m not the one that carries those expensive lenses for hunting those migratory birds.

Muar is a great place for feasting too.. I like the people and the place and would surely look forward to visit this place for relaxation again.
Thanks for your comment on my website too.
Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.