Paper used in large prints (8R & above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuts

Jan 21, 2002
www.roving-light.com
Hi all,
I've submitted a print job to FotoHub (OUB Centre) for S8R (8x12), with the intention to print to 16x24 later after looking at the result. The result looks good but it was printed on Kodak Professional Digital Paper, which looks a little thin. I asked why it was not printed on Kodak Royal Paper and the lady said for large prints, its not available on the Royal Paper. Anyone have any experience on this? Thanks!

regards
..NuTs..

that time i went to print a 15 x 20 from a negative and they also used the professional paper. Is it worse than royal paper?
I think those big prints they used the LED printer which accepts only professional paper? anyone can correct me? cos that time i send a few pics for LED prints, all gave the professional paper and they were abt the size of 5R.

ok, thanks for the feedback! I've no idea abt this LED printer thing :)
Just felt that the royal paper is thicker than the digital paper...

regards
..NuTs..

sweat100 said:
that time i went to print a 15 x 20 from a negative and they also used the professional paper. Is it worse than royal paper?
I think those big prints they used the LED printer which accepts only professional paper? anyone can correct me? cos that time i send a few pics for LED prints, all gave the professional paper and they were abt the size of 5R.

indeed - the prints from my local AMK Group photo shop for large sizes are defaulted to Kodak Pro Paper. the Kodak Royal seem more flimsy for large prints, despite being thicker. still experimenting here! :D

sehsuan said:
indeed - the prints from my local AMK Group photo shop for large sizes are defaulted to Kodak Pro Paper. the Kodak Royal seem more flimsy for large prints, despite being thicker. still experimenting here! :D

Thanks for the inputs!

regards
..NuTs..

nuts said:
ok, thanks for the feedback! I've no idea abt this LED printer thing :)
Just felt that the royal paper is thicker than the digital paper...

regards
..NuTs..

The LED printer is a Kodak Pegasus printer.

Actually i was told that LED printouts are better. Is that true? I did some comparison in fotohub, one printed in standard type (think is the noritizu (dont know how to spell)) and the other is the LED. What is the technology difference? thought both were dye sublime or is it the LED is use "light" to print?
The LED seems more "light" and the standard seems too dark and pale in comparison of the same picture. A LED 4R is 0.80/pc! cant afford many of them! :(

asked around and it seems those digital minilabs like the Noritsu and Fuji Frontier can do max 18x10
bigger than that and they have to use other processes/machines
thanks for sharing your experiences sweat100 :)

regards
..NuTs..

sweat100 said:
Actually i was told that LED printouts are better. Is that true? I did some comparison in fotohub, one printed in standard type (think is the noritizu (dont know how to spell)) and the other is the LED. What is the technology difference? thought both were dye sublime or is it the LED is use "light" to print?
The LED seems more "light" and the standard seems too dark and pale in comparison of the same picture. A LED 4R is 0.80/pc! cant afford many of them! :(
Not sure about the LED printers, but the newer digital Noritsu machines and the Fuji Frontiers both uses light to print. The technology is similar to laser printing. The photographic paper is exposed to the light/laser/LED(?) beams from within the machine and processed the "normal" way using chemicals. Dye Sub is not used.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.