Pano Stitching in CS

Jonathan Ang

Apr 6, 2010
Curious...I just tried a 6 image stitch. Zoomed out i can see some lines between images. Just one level zoom in, the stitch line disappear. So is it there or isit not there?

Will it disappear if i just merge all 6 layers together?

Also, if i zoom all the way into one picture...there seems to be weird interlacing lines. Hmmm. Again, zooming out a few levels the lines cannot see already. :sweat:

Okay, I just tried merging/flattening (no idea why they are different)..i did the former.

Well anyway the "crack" line cannot be seen anymore , but the zoomed-in interlacing lines still there. Odd looking really.

dont bother with Photoshop. Use PTGui.

Yeah, okay I shall try that. This is a test shot nvr really shot panorama before :) Just decided to go ahead and stitch. I did a dumb thing of leaving my polarizer on but I suppose lesson learnt :)

I see your link..shall give it a read :)

The lines will be shown after stitching in PS, but not visible when you save to jpeg.

If it bothers you, can do a Flatten on the different layers PS uses to stitch.

yeap, if ur shooting with ultra wide, try to overlap the images when taking to minimize distortion too. have fun!

I got that too, because the stitching are not perfect and once you zoom out the flaws are very obvious.

Oh. Hmm... I don't seem to notice that with PS CS4. I must go eyeball my panos again :think: