Panasonic Updates Firmware of DMC-LX3 V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got back my LX-3 from panasonic and they have upgraded mine to v1.3 (was hoping for 2.0 .. haha) i notice something odd ..

u know when u take a photo and they would show a review of the pic taken.. it seems to blink at some part of the screen..i take a few more pics and notice it only blinks at the parts of the pic that are over-expose ... anyone has the same as me ?

Hi guys, I got my LX3 last Monday and it was on v1.3. I upgraded my firmware the next day to v2.0 without "resetting" and only knew that we should reset the camera prior to upgrading the firmware via this post this week... So far no problems using any of the modes. :)

i just got back my LX-3 from panasonic and they have upgraded mine to v1.3 (was hoping for 2.0 .. haha) i notice something odd ..

u know when u take a photo and they would show a review of the pic taken.. it seems to blink at some part of the screen..i take a few more pics and notice it only blinks at the parts of the pic that are over-expose ... anyone has the same as me ?

You sure yours is version 1.3? I though such highlighting is only available with v2.0?

You sure yours is version 1.3? I though such highlighting is only available with v2.0?

yuppie .. confirm .. i just check it again .. anyway the only difference i notice is when i take a pic, the review will highlight those over-expose area ... tat's useful to me :)

Blown highlight alert... I'm pretty sure you can disable it if you find it annoying. I didn't know it was available in v1.3. Well, my camera was only on v1.3 for 2 days before I updated the firmware to v2.0 :sweat:

Any idea why they suspended download for the firmware upgrade? Hopefully it's due to too much traffic and not some technical glitch.

The download will be available on 20/10/2009. The recent release got some problems which is as stated in the Panny webby. Anyway better they fix the bugs and release a stable firmware. That's what everyone wants. A peace of mind when using the cam. :)

3 more days to V2.1!

as of now the official website still no firmware available for download...

Normally, for singapore time, you can get the firmware the day aft 20th. But then the website said it will be available ard 20th but not on 20th. :bsmilie:

please check the file size...
I extracted the downloaded file and the size of the file is different from the one stated on the website... I am a mac user... Anyone encountered that on the window version?
4030944875_e4d3e27a11_o.jpg

Last edited:
please check the file size...
I extracted the downloaded file and the size of the file is different from the one stated on the website... I am a mac user... Anyone encountered that on the window version?
4030944875_e4d3e27a11_o.jpg

My windows version is ok.
I think what you are looking at is the size on disk, not the size of the file.

My windows version is ok.
I think what you are looking at is the size on disk, not the size of the file.

Is the download file for Mac .exe?
Do we have to manually change to .zip?
The file size i got was different too.

Is the download file for Mac .exe?
Do we have to manually change to .zip?
The file size i got was different too.

I think for those using Mac, the size is different from the website...
someone from flickr also has this problem but he has bootcamp for windows.
Panatone: Mac don't use .exe leh.

Updated! Cool!

My download for windows version is OK
Suggest you check if you have click on the Mac version or the Window version. Also the
size of the file is the extracted version

updated windows version, no probs...great

Status
Not open for further replies.