Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX100 & LEICA D-Lux Type 109

Nice presentation on Sunday, better than sat .got one enquiry, what settings when u use lx100 at Korea? Auto wd, auto shutter speed , F4, 49 points AF when u shoot those photos?

This is the best real world consumer video I've seen shot on the LX100 so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkvoptWnkxQ

The video quality is undeniable, but as an owner of multiple cameras with articulated & touch screens, i just can't get past the fact that the LX100 has neither.
The benefits of these for videography simply cant be understated. I'm hoping that any subsequent 2nd generation releases will be address this (ala RX100 M2 etc), so wont be getting this release.

Just called to ask about price on leica dlux typ 109. 1700sgd. Package come with lightroom + 3 year warranty and 3hrs leica workshop. Stock will be available end of the month in singapore... So lx100 or dlux 109? Hard to decide la....

Nice presentation on Sunday, better than sat .got one enquiry, what settings when u use lx100 at Korea? Auto wd, auto shutter speed , F4, 49 points AF when u shoot those photos?

lol, thanks. AWB, Aperture mode for all. I have a couple on my flickr exif intact.

for streets, I use face detection mode. 49 sometimes, but mostly I use AF area/pin point to get my focus on still objects. AF is snappy no issues with it, just miss touchscreen and tiltscreen, spoilt I guess by the new gen of cameras these days

Managed to get a shot of wonglp in action when I was seated for his talk.

@wonglp @ Lumix LX100 launch event by kowcher, on Flickr

Looks like I saying some "F" word hahaha, thanks for the shot, din take yours though:embrass:

Anyone knows where to go to check out the camera now that the event is over??

I just passed my sample set to Alan Photo at Funan level 2. Can check out there I guess.

DPreview of LX100: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lx100

The Final Word

It should be apparent that we really liked the LX100. It's not a small camera, but it's not that much bigger than the likes of the Canon PowerShot G12, which people happily carried around. And, importantly, it offers significantly better image quality than pretty much any zoom compact ever made. It's not a camera entirely without flaws but most of them are so minor that it's unlikely they'll ever be more than slight irritations about a camera you'll love.

Other than size, it's the camera's zoom range that stops it being the ideal camera for a majority of dedicated photographers. I did find the 24-75mm equivalent range a touch restrictive, but it's the only major concern I had: my overall experience has been much more about what the camera can do than what it can't. The LX100 is a pleasure to use and offers superb image quality. I'd consider it the best photographers' cameras on the market and probably the best zoom compact ever made.

I pre ordered at Harry Norman they told me silver is not available yet, is that true?

I pre ordered at Harry Norman they told me silver is not available yet, is that true?
True, I asked the same qtn last Sat during the launch... When ? They do not have any date yet.

Is HN preorder same price? Aiya forgotten should have order from HN can use credit card instead of cash..

Same price and gifts

Is HN preorder same price? Aiya forgotten should have order from HN can use credit card instead of cash..
for this preorder price, u can use credit card for other shop eg tk foto, no add 2% charge. I asked during sat launch at tk foto.

for this preorder price, u can use credit card for other shop eg tk foto, no add 2% charge. I asked during sat launch at tk foto.

Cathay quoted 'cash only' and 'full advance payment' thru pm in FB.. :(

Cathay quoted 'cash only' and 'full advance payment' thru pm in FB.. :(

I ordered mine from TK Photo. They accepted full payment via credit card with not additional 2% charge.

For those who preordered, when are the orders expected to be fulfilled from the respective shops?

Another silly qns...the freebies only applies to those who preordered? If I make purchase only after the product is available means no more freebies? Wanna have hands on first before deciding..ideally that is.

For those who preordered, when are the orders expected to be fulfilled from the respective shops?

Another silly qns...the freebies only applies to those who preordered? If I make purchase only after the product is available means no more freebies? Wanna have hands on first before deciding..ideally that is.

From their FB announcement, sounds like only for pre-order:

Pre-order with us now and receive not only a 8gb SD card, you will receive additional 16gb SD card, original battery, premium
leather case and $50 Shopping vouchers.

*Pre-order will be exclusive to the Black LX100

Get the LUMIX LX100 now through our Authorized Dealers:
Alan Photo Trading
Bally Photo
Cathay Photo
Click by Max Photo
M S Color
Song Brother Marketing
Parisilk Electronics
TK Foto
BEST DENKI SINGAPORE
HARVEY NORMAN

https://www.facebook.com/sgpanasoni...41835.145229938833082/834519286570807/?type=1