Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX100 & LEICA D-Lux Type 109

For those who preordered, when are the orders expected to be fulfilled from the respective shops?

Another silly qns...the freebies only applies to those who preordered? If I make purchase only after the product is available means no more freebies? Wanna have hands on first before deciding..ideally that is.

Expected arrival date is 28th Nov hopefully it can be earlier...

Any stores got demo to Try?
BTW to pre-order from Harvey Norman and best denki, is it available from any branch?

I pre ordered at Harry Norman they told me silver is not available yet, is that true?

I asked the Panasonic guys at the event and silver will be available end next month .. and that the preorder freebies strictly for the black LX100 only.

is it worth to pre-order or wait till it hit the shelves and possibly the street price is lower?
If u are not in hurry, just wait, price will go down after few months.

It'll be interesting to see what the price will be after release, seeing as it's currently same as the RX100M3. Who'll budge first Sony or Panny?

is it worth to pre-order or wait till it hit the shelves and possibly the street price is lower?

probably the question to ask is are the pre-order freebies useful to u? Some people genuinely need the xtra batt and half case which in this case makes it worthwhile. Street prices are definitely lower but I wouldn't expect the free batt until Pana does a promo again when it quietens down.

probably the question to ask is are the pre-order freebies useful to u? Some people genuinely need the xtra batt and half case which in this case makes it worthwhile. Street prices are definitely lower but I wouldn't expect the free batt until Pana does a promo again when it quietens down.

True true. But then we can always get those 3rd party batt which might work wonder! I heard the free SD card also lousy one, not 4k compatible (probably class 4/6 from toshiba).

The only thing left is the half case...

To be honest I've never dealt with cameras these small. Any users of previous generation / smaller cameras can advise if the half case is a deal breaker?

Wa , no free batt after preorder? I better place order next few day before 28

neat! Thanks mate/

Edit at night: asked AP if they've got a display set to try, and they say dont have.

Oh sorry, i went to their store ytd, seems like the boss took it with him, so not really for display.

am thinking if the street price will be 1050 after the pre order. It might be worthwhile waiting. 3rd party batteries will probably be around $30 a piece. Never like the panasonic half cases anyway, can pick up a high quality Gariz case later for probably $95. All in all it would work out the same price, but u get to choose the case u like.

Reactions: machiavellian
Hk fb announced sales availability.. Also giving leather case and extra battey.

Ah... I wonder if stocks are in the local shops already?

Was looking at the photos. The LX100 seems to have a built in automatic shutter lens cap. The leica seems to be a classic normal lens cap.

Am I right?