Panasonic 12-32mm

Hong Jia

Feb 28, 2004
Look what happen to the 12-32...

My brother say maybe he put the camera too close to the heat pack. Looks like the internal glue melted.

Looks aluminium on the outside but it is all stick on, inside all plastic. LoL.

$IMG_20160530_222922-01.jpg

Bring back to Panasonic, they'll replace with new piece

It's a common issue, just google

Ok,

Let me elaborate on this , I had a 12-32 which also allowed me to rotate the lens beyond the 'hard stop' back then (it was broken) - and yes , it still worked

I brought it back to Pana back then and yes , as shared was given a on the spot 1-1 exchange as this is a recognized problem with the construction of this lens.

Optically I do prefer the 12-32 much over the Oly 14-42 IIR or EZ.

But mine is out of warranty... Do they still do exchange for this?

I got this from the first batch of GM1.

Last edited:
Hmmm, there's an easy DIY fix for it. All you need is a small strip of normal double-sided tape and voila, it works as it is supposed to work before. You do need to make sure you align to the markings carefully.

That's how I fixed my wife's 12-32mm lens.

But mine is out of warranty... Do they still do exchange for this? I got this from the first batch of GM1.

I'll still try. If it helps , a call to the Centre before u go all the way to Bedok always helps

Thanks guys for the info that it seem like a rampant faulty design. In short I manage to get it changed after a short saga.

Kudos to the folks at Panasonic

nice. have fun with this lens :)

Hmmm, there's an easy DIY fix for it. All you need is a small strip of normal double-sided tape and voila, it works as it is supposed to work before. You do need to make sure you align to the markings carefully.

That's how I fixed my wife's 12-32mm lens.

I'd guess that this was not very different from how the other 12-32mm returned lenses were fixed. Lots of adhesive/double sided tape in our other electronics too.