Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,I'm new to photography and just got my FZ18 2days ago.
*Initial charge of 8hrs on the first day lasted ard max 200shots.
*Charged 8hrs on the 2nd day lasted ard max 200shots as well.
Is this considered ok or is there a problem with the battery?:dunno:

Camera settings:
8M pixels, fine photo quality, LCD brightness off, continuous auto focus, use a mixture of Flash for ard 20 shots, normal burst mode for ard 30shots.The rest single shots.Shots taken through viewfinder as well as LCD, review pics after every shots taken.
During this whole duration camera has been on/off ard 4 times.

Seems fine to me. Where u bought it and how much u paid? :)

Hi,I'm new to photography and just got my FZ18 2days ago.
*Initial charge of 8hrs on the first day lasted ard max 200shots.
*Charged 8hrs on the 2nd day lasted ard max 200shots as well.
Is this considered ok or is there a problem with the battery?:dunno:

Camera settings:
8M pixels, fine photo quality, LCD brightness off, continuous auto focus, use a mixture of Flash for ard 20 shots, normal burst mode for ard 30shots.The rest single shots.Shots taken through viewfinder as well as LCD, review pics after every shots taken.
During this whole duration camera has been on/off ard 4 times.
do not use continuous AF unless you really need it, as far as my ex-fz5 goes, continuous AF will just keep focusing whenever the camera is turned on.

do not use continuous AF unless you really need it, as far as my ex-fz5 goes, continuous AF will just keep focusing whenever the camera is turned on.

ah yes, read that somewhere online that continuous AF drains battery.going to turn it off and monitor the situation.
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Hello guys,

This is my virgin post here and i'm a newbie at photography, nice to meet all FZ18 users and the rest of CS'ers.
I just got my FZ18 2 days ago and was wondering if theres a fisheye lens for the camera and how much would it cost.
Thanks in advance:)

Hi All,

I dont want to sound stupid, but sometimes, I've learnt that it pays to ask the obvious.:confused:

Since I purchased the camera, I have been trying to figure out the many features and manual adjustments that the FZ18 allows, but honestly, I have no frigging idea what most of the options do actually.:embrass: I have read the manual and I've been reading up on the net but there are still many questions or doubts and frustrations even in my mind on what is the right setting to use/when to use it.:what:

Are there any such classes, courses or seminars that cater specifically to beginners in digital photography that teaches you how to use the manual functions on ones camera? Better still is there such a thing specifically catered to FZ18 users/owners?:think:I do not have any friends that are keen in photography and hence, I dont have many people to turn to. Sigh.

As all of you can guess, I am a total noob in this domain and I am an eager beaver so to speak since I just got the camera and the fire is burning hot in me to play with my new toy.:D

I am sorry if my post is irrelevent or senseless, I just felt that I needed to ask.

Maybe we can organise a learning session, and get an experienced shooter to teach you guys?

Maybe we can organise a learning session, and get an experienced shooter to teach you guys?

that sounds great!
today i was at an event
i took so long for every shots i made
especially when people are posing for me and i still setting my camera :embrass:

An outing with the pros/club snappers would be great, i'm still learning to maximise the FZ18's potential and could make do with a few pointers. :D

Hexlord,

If such an outing can be arranged, it really would be great!:)

Hexlord,

If such an outing can be arranged, it really would be great!:)
talking is easy, everytime when some1 ask for such event, no 1 hands up to be the organiser. :bsmilie::sweat:

hey guys
any idea how "powerful" will fz18 be when attached with a tele conversion and close up lense?
any photo examples?

Any1 interested to join photography class? organise by The Photographic Society of Singapore:thumbsup:
I will join start fr february. any fz18 user interested to join together? so that we can discuss since we hv same weapon;p

For details, go to www.pss1950.org

Any1 interested to join photography class? organise by The Photographic Society of Singapore:thumbsup:
I will join start fr february. any fz18 user interested to join together? so that we can discuss since we hv same weapon;p

For details, go to www.pss1950.org
would like to join the january batch, but my job requires me to travel oversea and it clashes with my reservist
zzz, will miss the last 2 lesson
anyway i will write to them to ask if i can make up the missed lessons at other classes
do drop me a pm if you are interested to join the January batch? :)

hi sonic,

Thank you for the tip on the setting but how do u prog them.
can we change all the setting that u teach on the camera???

please advice

thanks thanks keL

Is it a need to hv dry cabinet for this camera? FZ-18:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.