Pana FZ18 user!!! Come in here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 0.45 wide cons are hardly usable, all those china made copycat models that are out there to cheat people. And they don't give you 0.45 like they advertise anyway. More like 0.8 with a whole range of distortions.

anyway wat is the most trusted brand for wide and tele con???? anyone know? i totally condemn vitacon but it seem like the most common convertor in the market

Indeed that was also what I thought about the LX3, despite its wide angle lens and also good pix quality, I fear the limited zoom will make it less versatile. I for one will not buy DSLR bec I know it will end up collect dust and I will seek out a P&S camera again. My initial plan was to get G9 but now it looks like a FZ28 which works out to be $640 is a reasonble proposition.;p

Hm, actually at this very point of time, if your goal is to spend, why not check out Canon's latest superzooms? They go to 20X (28-560mm equiv.). And one model has a CMOS sensor which I believe will take the noise out a fair bit? I think its called Powershot SX1 IS. Definitely worth taking a look. But I still wouldn't get it =X, the aperture suffers to F5.6 at 20X zoom so, your shooting conditions get limited IMO.

And $640? I assume you're working or the slight money difference won't matter to you. But I got the FZ18 brand new at $400 online. Although I pretty much love the FZ28, I won't find the $240 difference worth enough. I believe in letting prices drop ^^, of course thats just me. But I wouldn't buy a FZ28 for more than $500. That is of course, dependant on your benchmark, FZ18 is 400 for me but I don't think you get such prices in the Singapore market.

anyway wat is the most trusted brand for wide and tele con???? anyone know? i totally condemn vitacon but it seem like the most common convertor in the market

Tele con is pretty straight forward, you have the Panasonic DMW-LT55E, Olympus TCON-17, Raynox DCR2025 or 2020.

There are a few more good ones, Nikon, but its very expensive and HEAVY, weighs twice the camera (700g), and theres Canon (2x), which is not bad but very seldom used as 3rd party.

I'm actually now trying to look for a 3X but doesn't seem like any of the above makes them. =(

Sorry bro.I don't think the word 'condemn' is appropriate for not buying or dislike the brand.
It may not suitable for some of us here.I've tried Hoya & Vitacon Circular Polariser & both works fine.Only that Hoya is more trustworthy against Vitacon.

If on tight budget,It's ok to try vitacon.

Apologies again. I'm new member here.

:(

Last edited:
Hm, actually at this very point of time, if your goal is to spend, why not check out Canon's latest superzooms? They go to 20X (28-560mm equiv.). And one model has a CMOS sensor which I believe will take the noise out a fair bit? I think its called Powershot SX1 IS. Definitely worth taking a look. But I still wouldn't get it =X, the aperture suffers to F5.6 at 20X zoom so, your shooting conditions get limited IMO.

And $640? I assume you're working or the slight money difference won't matter to you. But I got the FZ18 brand new at $400 online. Although I pretty much love the FZ28, I won't find the $240 difference worth enough. I believe in letting prices drop ^^, of course thats just me. But I wouldn't buy a FZ28 for more than $500. That is of course, dependant on your benchmark, FZ18 is 400 for me but I don't think you get such prices in the Singapore market.

warrao.... where online for those price?:bigeyes:

warrao.... where online for those price?:bigeyes:

Okay, the price, is a very tricky thing. I bought it late July, and suddenly the price of the FZ18 dropped like MAD. I don't know what happened, but it dropped to US290 (all shops), and at that point of time, the currency conversion is 1USD = 1.31 SGD. All time Low. This includes free shipping. And so happens that my aunt in the US was visiting. Thus, 0 shipping cost. By the way this is the price in Amazon.com, also agreed by cameralabs.com and a few other websites. Maybe they are having their own camera fairs over there, I don't know.

Interestingly, two weeks later, the price went back to 350 USD. Even more interestingly, after the FZ28 came out, the price is now back to 400 USD! Really drastic fluctuations, something that you certainly don't see in Singapore. Its probably why I don't like Singaporean dealers too actually, they don't really care about the market value, only the profit margin, but this is strictly my personal opinion.

The package includes US warranty only, but it doesn't matter to me honestly. In my whole lifetime, my family and I have never utilized warranty claims, not once. Only unless its not working straight after opening or a few days, but usually things like that comes with 1 to 1 exchange from the store. So yea. Warranty did not matter to me.

Nothing else included. No case no memory card. But honestly, I didn't really care either. I bought myself a Kingston 4GB SDHC, 28 dollars, Brand New, from Popular bookstore haha. (Seems like I'm good at getting cheap stuff.) And then I got a Lowepro Rezo 170 AW at 25 dollars.

So my base camera setup is 450-ish, plus my TCON and adapter, 600. Still cheaper or equal to the basic retail isn't it? Now i'm saving up, waiting for the DCR250 to drop to get it =)

Anyway does anyone out there uses the DCR-250? Can it be used for bigger objects? Like marcoing headshots for a bokeh feel?

Thanks buddy... I am actually now checking if HK prices are cheaper. Weill be there on Wed so most likely will try to get the FZ28 and see if the G10 or SX1 could outperform to induce a change.

To be honest, I think will stick to my budget since I have too many hobbies. Hee hee.;p

Thanks buddy... I am actually now checking if HK prices are cheaper. Weill be there on Wed so most likely will try to get the FZ28 and see if the G10 or SX1 could outperform to induce a change.

To be honest, I think will stick to my budget since I have too many hobbies. Hee hee.;p

So far I heard HK and Australia (weird but amazing, their electronics are usually sky high) have better prices for the FZ28. Why not do some online research first?

Anyway good luck with getting the cam =)

So far I heard HK and Australia (weird but amazing, their electronics are usually sky high) have better prices for the FZ28. Why not do some online research first?

Anyway good luck with getting the cam =)

Hee hee... just checked HK prices. ~$530 - $550 for std pack. :)

Do you mind to tell which online site did you get your FZ-18? Am looking for FZ-28. Thanks. ;p

Do you mind to tell which online site did you get your FZ-18? Am looking for FZ-28. Thanks. ;p

Move to the shared thread com'on!

Anyway its Sixth Avenue, one of the merchants of Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.