over-exposed with Eastgear's Orionbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnka

Apr 16, 2003
Singapore
bought the above at IT show...

when i tested it on my sigma 500 DG flash, every pix goes over instead of having more diffused lighting :confused:

any clue?

Does it give consistent overexposed ? No accessories give perfect flash exposure. You need to flash compensate to give correct exposure ..

megaweb said:
Does it give consistant overexposed ? No accessories give perfect flash exposure. You need to flash compensate to give correct exposure ..

yup... the overexposure is consistent alrite... i'm testing with my equipment tripod mounted with the same subject under the same lighting condition... the pix becomes over once I fix on the orionbounce... :think:

maybe you could tell us ur setup as nightwolf has suggested. it'll help us understand ur situation better then give u an appropriate reply :) my LS2 is perfect so far... can get over exposed pix if never set flash and camera properly though :)

dnka said:
yup... the overexposure is consistent alrite... i'm testing with my equipment tripod mounted with the same subject under the same lighting condition... the pix becomes over once I fix on the orionbounce... :think:
some factors
- your object is reflective
- your flash is strong, you can compensate your flash to fire weaker
- setup is too near to the object ( keep a constant distance )

thanks for all the reply... yes, I'm using 300D with 500DG.

I'll try to post some pix on the setup and the results tonite...

Mine same also.. there is a silver reflector inside the softbox which probably explains the overexposure.. I have set my settings to -1 FEC and the results are great.. pics well exposed in wide to tele coverage. Flash recycles much faster also due to lower output as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.