Outing with Sharing/Education - Feedback

would there be a video log for this event?

Hi nice to meet you on the T-shirt collection day at McDonalds.
I like the idea of sharing sessions. If you need any help on the following topics, I may help in sharing too.

(1) Reportage photography
(2) Street photography
(3) Travel Photography
(4) Street Portrait
(5) Black and White Photography
(6) Motion
(7) PS CS3, CS4

I travel extensively so please do let me know earlier.:)

Had a discussion with Feng Wei today, and it seems that the group has covered almost every corners of Singapore. How to take it to the next level of excellence? Besides fellowship, how about education? I noted some of you have incredible photos - either on technique, post production, flash, strobes, etc... I noted JK will bring along his DIY umbrella, and some DIY diffuser, and noted Denis beautiful blog; and many of you have award winning photos. Perhaps in an outing, one of you (the sifus) can take up a topic and share your skill with the team. We need a bit more planning, to get a topic. For those with computer, we may even need a projector. This could be done over breakfast for 45 min or so, before we go out to try some of the learning. Of course we can't do post production on the field. At least we know who to consult.

I find even the flash comparision of 540AF and Metz 58 is useful. We accelerate the learning so much faster.

Just an idea for all of you to give feedback. If it can take off, I hope this will be a contribution to the growing photographic community, and perhaps Emjay or SLR Revo or OP may even contribute to the group...

Thanks for volunteering. This is great! If you are at the April 10 outing, let's discuss again, and we can even do it at appropriate time, without the outing, if there is a demand from the members. Will check with Fengwei on the room and projector; meaning that we have one extra venue to conduct such training.

I like the idea of sharing sessions. If you need any help on the following topics, I may help in sharing too.

(2) Street photography
(3) Travel Photography
(4) Street Portrait
(6) Motion
(7) PS CS3, CS4

That's great! We need guys like you :) Let's figure out what we can do after Denis' session next month. Hope our Pentax users can benefit from all the volunteers work by you guys.

I'm just a gear junkie, can't be any help I guess :embrass:

Thanks for volunteering. This is great! If you are at the April 10 outing, let's discuss again, and we can even do it at appropriate time, without the outing, if there is a demand from the members. Will check with Fengwei on the room and projector; meaning that we have one extra venue to conduct such training.

Sure, but block out all weekends that have long weekends as I will most likely somewhere in another countries ;)

That's great! We need guys like you :) Let's figure out what we can do after Denis' session next month. Hope our Pentax users can benefit from all the volunteers work by you guys.

I'm just a gear junkie, can't be any help I guess :embrass:

Sure, fengwei and thank you for your volunteering spirit too. I salute you:thumbsup:

(2) Street photography
(3) Travel Photography
(4) Street Portrait
(6) Motion
(7) PS CS3, CS4

I'd love to learn from you, and you have an impressive portfolio. :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm late for the party. Great response too. :thumbsup: to Denis and the others who made this workshop possible.

I'd love to learn from you, and you have an impressive portfolio. :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm late for the party. Great response too. :thumbsup: to Denis and the others who made this workshop possible.

We are learning from each other..and the best way to learn is to share:D
Thank you.

how about how understand and use flash correctly ? felixcat8888 can give us a good lesson . Jus a suggestion

Wrong person as I do not like to use flash. . .;p All my pics are flashless . . . :bsmilie:

that is why I use DA*16-50mm F2.8 . . .;p:devil:

for flash there are those who do strobing (whatever that is) who are the experts . . . :devil:

I am the flashless expert hahahaha . . .

Last edited:
where can i get the pentax t-shirt? how much?