Our police kena slammed

Well.. its a hindsight bias, the police did not know it at that time. I think even the police should be smart enough to be able to distinguish an old man who died on his bed and an angmoh who is hanging to take extra precautions.
Resource scarcity is a problem in ANY organisation, but its not an excuse to shortchanging their work. I don't believe any foul play either, but my point is that the police should do their due diligence.
But they did what they did, and now they reap what they sow.

And just because an AngMor die by hanging... AngMor must have special treatment ?? I mean the fact that during the hearing... the SPF has produce proof regarding the investigation... from why the Hard Drive has files that seems to disappeared and access after Dr Todd death. 2 foreign medical expert from US has also testify that no signs of foul play has been found and that Dr Todd death consistent with asphyxia due to hanging. Even Dr Todd's Girlfriend, Neighbours and Colleagues knew he was suffering from depression while the family, thousands of miles away, think he is happy.... Prove very much, the SPF has done their job.

The issue here is that the Family disagree... and decided to kick up a media storm even when their 'Star Witness' is less than qualify in most country to do autopsy... their IT expert regarding the Hard Drive being access has also been explained by SPF and FBI IT Expert...

However much the SPF could prove... its up to the Family to accept or not accept... but this in no way, means that SPF is incompetence or is at fault... Much like I've said... even till today, millions around the World still don't believe in the event of 9/11... but this doesn't mean 9/11 didn't happen. :think:

And just because an AngMor die by hanging... AngMor must have special treatment ??

It's not just because he is ang moh, he should receive special treatment. It's more like what's at stake here.

If they do a shortcut like that on a local and was found out, it's only goes to local news. At most across the causeway. But this case, it involves national pride. Whole world will know. They should be more meticulous in their method.

It's like the difference when you beat up your lil siblings or you beat up the neighbor's kid. There are two different dungeons for that. :bsmilie:

added: Were the ang moh SG citizen, i believe this won't be a big hoo haa.

Last edited:
I just want those who are supposed to keep us safe, can prove to anyone beyond doubts that they CAN keep us safe. And if God forbids something happen to me, I'd die assured that justice will be brought swiftly without prejudice.

Does it sound condemning?

which country's police force can give this guarantee? even the vaunted FBI, CIA will fxxk it up. 9-11 remember? Yes, we all want guarantees, but all of us, even all institutions will make mistakes. As long as it doesnt impede on the integrity of the case, it is good enough for me. If we nitpick every little detail, i am sure i fxxk it up every day in my work too. And how much resources do we want to pump into it? There are many cases for the police every day from the mundane to murders and what not, so every case we go full force into investigation, just to ensure that we dont make one mistake, not one at all? To me, that's ideal but not realistic.

The inquiry's purpose was to discover facts, evidence and witness accounts so that there is a more complete understanding.

Hopefully at the end of the inquiry, a conclusion can be made based on those facts, evidence and witness accounts.

The inquiry is non-adversarial.

It is not a case of one party fighting against another.

The state's lawyers can call their witnesses; and the lawyers representing the family of the late scientist can call their witnesses.

If anyone can present evidence and facts that can help to clarify the death of the late scientist, please do so.

There is no need to fear a witness so much that one has to leave the Court immediately; because one party says it was not prepared for the witness.

Huh? Prepared for what?

They can always state their disagreement with what the witness said; and provide facts to back up their stand later.

In this case, the witness merely said he met the late scientist and had a drink with him at a coffee shop on a particular day. That's it.

Now what is so frightening about such testimony? That they have to stage a walk out from the Court?

Last edited:
Why not we just give then a bowl of bak chor mee no ter kua each n ask them to move on?

Jokes aside, if this guy does researching to that level, wouldn't the enemy capture him and make use of him instead of just silencing him? Also another thing is, we'd never know what are the actual conversations between him and his family, only his family would know now, wouldn't they?

I sincerely hope the Todd family could provide the SPF with some really good and clear evidence if a crime and/or foul play did happened...

As a S'porean... I, in no way, wants some foreign agents/killers/spies operating in SG without a care. S'pore is not some 3rd World cesspool where War/Drugs Lords and foreign Govt, order the killing of people without giving a 2nd thought.

But please cut out this conspiracy theories bullsh*t... BS like...

* Finding the Hard Drive - When the truth is that the Hard Drive was returned to them by the Police, Witness by US Embassy Staff...

* A 'Star Witness' which is less than qualify in most Country to do autopsy and he confirmed that he was not a certified forensic pathologist... nor is he certified by the American Board of Forensic Pathology as a forensic pathologist.

* Star Witness, Dr Adelstein, while have NO PROOF whatsoever of Foul Play... neverthenless maintain that Shane Todd was murdered...

and the list goes on... :sweat:

And the unfairness of how US News agencies only put forward the Todd's view.. and not any of the new information from the Court hearing is just nothing short of bias... :nono:

And the unfairness of how US News agencies only put forward the Todd's view.. and not any of the new information from the Court hearing is just nothing short of bias... :nono:

One of the most advance country in the world and biggest advocate of "free speech", now look at them, full freedom to be selective and filtering in their news reporting. What a shame ! Where is the accountability to be objective in reporting?

One of the most advance country in the world and biggest advocate of "free speech", now look at them, full freedom to be selective and filtering in their news reporting. What a shame ! Where is the accountability to be objective in reporting?

how ironic it is, that Human Rights watch and NGOs calling for the freedom of speech/media freedom are actually based in the USA :)

* A 'Star Witness' which is less than qualify in most Country to do autopsy and he confirmed that he was not a certified forensic pathologist... nor is he certified by the American Board of Forensic Pathology as a forensic pathologist.

* Star Witness, Dr Adelstein, while have NO PROOF whatsoever of Foul Play... neverthenless maintain that Shane Todd was murdered...

Well, this is what I need. Good find.

TodayOnline - AP admits errors in Shane Todd story

AP - CORRECTION: SINGAPORE-AMERICAN'S DEATH STORY

Just because they are AngMor... doesn't mean they are ALLOWS CORRECT or FAIR in their reporting... :think:

Please DO NOT, use your 'Dislike' for a certain Political Party to ruin the professionalism and good name of our Boys in Blues... :nono:

Serious note, I hope our Police can take their work more professionally. I was once at CID to give my statement to an accountant who had ran off with the company's money. The inspector, answered a call and chatted w his colleague on how to organize their football match for 30 mins.

We managed to charge the accountant in court for CBT. But the police and the judge forgot to ask the criminal to pay back. When confronted, the inspector in charge said, we are not interested in your financial loss. Our job is done. Pls engage a lawyer to get your money back.....

Black sheep in the Police Force. BTW is it their job. i think they will do it if it is public fund!

sometimes, i really wonder why some of us singaporeans are so quick to run down our own institutions, policies etc. Sigh..

Considering that our politicians and our own people are so quick to cover their asses when something goes wrong, and their reluctance to change course even in the face of evidence to the contrary, and coupled with our pathetic culture of face, there's plenty of reason to heap scorn around.

Last edited:

Pot calling the kettle black some?

Black sheep in the Police Force. BTW is it their job. i think they will do it if it is public fund!

There are black sheep everywhere.

One of my family is a public servant. Their policies are rock solid. It's the black sheep that spoil everything.
Given a flock of 100 sheep. 90 is black 10 is white, would you call it a flock of black sheep or white?

There are black sheep everywhere.

One of my family is a public servant. Their policies are rock solid. It's the black sheep that spoil everything.
Given a flock of 100 sheep. 90 is black 10 is white, would you call it a flock of black sheep or white?

If you ask me, the problem with the civil service is the narrow KPI definitions, coupled with uninspired leadership that has led to the current state of affairs.