Other Brand Flash Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoq

Sep 27, 2004
Hi Guyz,

3600 and 5600 HS have been the talk whenever we mention about flash for 7D and 5D.

Any other flash that are compatible with 7D ?? Anyone can advise :think:

Thank

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
sigma 500dg, metz dunno wat...

and any hammerhead with pc sync connection..

I have an old NISSIN auto 6000AF Thyristor hammerhead flash. Was using it before with a dedicated TTL module on my EOS film SLR. Flash also functions in auto thyristor cut-off mode.

Now acquired a KM d5d. How do I adapt this flash to work with the KM d5d.

Any help will be appreciated.

john_nkt
KM d5d
3600hs

john_nkt said:
I have an old NISSIN auto 6000AF Thyristor hammerhead flash. Was using it before with a dedicated TTL module on my EOS film SLR. Flash also functions in auto thyristor cut-off mode.

Now acquired a KM d5d. How do I adapt this flash to work with the KM d5d.

Any help will be appreciated.

john_nkt
KM d5d
3600hs

5d no pc sync terminal?

get tis lor...

250180.jpg

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
sigma 500dg, metz dunno wat...

and any hammerhead with pc sync connection..

Metz 54MZ-4 is equivalent to 5600HS

Hi,
Is Sigma 500dg compatible with KM 5D wireless flash? and how much is the market price for this flash? Thanks.

i have the sigma... it doesn't work hundred percent with the 5D, in normal mode it always just blows the whole scene out. in wireless mode it seems to work fine (haven't tested extensively).

if want to use the flash while mounted on camera, leaving it in wireless mode also seems better.

can't help with the price, sorry, i bought mine some time ago, from overseas. if you have no flash yet maybe you can consider spending more and getting a 5600, that's safer. oracle is conducting an MO, price $490. see consumer corner?

Thanks Pai,
I don't really want to spend a lot fo the flash. Actually I have old 3500xi but since it's not really compatible with 5D then need another one. No complain so far with this flash regarding the power but yes it's nice to have swivel head.

i really don't advise buying the sigma, even if it's a lot cheaper. i'm now regretting that i didn't just pay up the extra money and get a 5600 back then. didn't expect the sigma to be incompatible (i think km purposely one), i think i'll stick to original brand product in future, sigh.

seriously though, it might seem expensive, but the tilt and swivel is really very useful. should consider it :)

mmm.. anyone got Metz mecablitz 44 AF-4M.. is it good base on the spec? Comparable to Minolta 5600 ?

i heard Metz 54MZ-4 is good for KM, some even said it is better the ori one

pai said:
i really don't advise buying the sigma, even if it's a lot cheaper. i'm now regretting that i didn't just pay up the extra money and get a 5600 back then. didn't expect the sigma to be incompatible (i think km purposely one), i think i'll stick to original brand product in future, sigh.

seriously though, it might seem expensive, but the tilt and swivel is really very useful. should consider it :)

Not KM purposely but Sigma's reverse engineering fail! Anyway Metz works like a charm I read on dpreview. But it's more expensive than the 5600 I think.

yeah, some dpreview guys have good reviews on it. especially the part on no pre-flash.

but then i dun think i have problems with the "long" pre-flash to flash timing (yet). anyone has this "problem" ?

anyway any idea how much is the metz flash ? must buy the adaptor separately or it comes with ?

funhur said:
yeah, some dpreview guys have good reviews on it. especially the part on no pre-flash.

but then i dun think i have problems with the "long" pre-flash to flash timing (yet). anyone has this "problem" ?

anyway any idea how much is the metz flash ? must buy the adaptor separately or it comes with ?

Yes there is a problem if the preflash causes your subject to blink... my grandmother blinks before the main flash pulse is fired... i.e. the preflash causes her to blink.

Status
Not open for further replies.