OT: PDA Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

szekiat

Jan 19, 2002
London
Visit site
Hi, looking for a pda for use mainly to read ebooks and check email. Preferably with built in wifi and and bluetooth. Any pda experts out there care to share a good value for money model? Cost is an issue as i am broke!

szekiat said:
Hi, looking for a pda for use mainly to read ebooks and check email. Preferably with built in wifi and and bluetooth. Any pda experts out there care to share a good value for money model? Cost is an issue as i am broke!

Bro,
How about the new Palm TX? Comes with WI-FI and Bluetooth!
:)

If you don't need something too fancy, and don't mind getting a 2nd hand one, you can look out for HP iPAQ rx3417. Range for a 2nd hand one should be less than $500.

But if you want one that can beat the sorry butt sore of all those portable media players wannabe in the market, then go for Dell Axim X51 or HP iPAQ hx4700. :D

I just got my Palm TX over one week. It's an upgrade from my very old m505. Overall I am happy. Great screen and lots of applications. I have read tons of novels in the past 3 years on my palms. BTW, I got the TX with screen protector and a leather case for S$555 at Funan.

thanks for all the advice.... anymore? Still consider palm TX vs Dell x51v
Price factor aside, PPC seems to have more softwares for it? True or not?

Not true, both Palm and PPC has tons of good software out there. Usually popular software (such as Docs to Go) have both versions. I'm not too sure about PPC offerings - I'm a very happy Palm user - but Palm has everything I need, and the interface is one of the easiest to pick up (no "right taps" needed :bsmilie: ).

Have only one comment, never bet against Microsoft. Get a PPC.

../azul123

Actually the war between palm and ppc have been outshadowed by the uprising of pda-phone. While the scene was traditionally filled with palm users, the windows environment is virtually taking over the scene, be it with ppc or with pda-phone.

Frankly, if you were to ask whether ppc or palm is better last year, you would invite heated arguments by die-hard from both sides. These days, however, both ppc and palm are facing dip in sales with advent of O2 and blackberry, together with lots of smart phones from HP, Motorola and Nokia. It's only a matter of time before PDA are being replaced.

So, it doesn't matter which one you choose, palm or ppc. If you could wait, go for pda-phone next year, where the market is more stabilized.

Totally agree that pda-phone is the way forward. Am using one for almost a year already. In it have GPS software which I used much when I drive to the Western part of the island.

Original thread starter wants to read Ebooks, though pda-phone has many great advantages, reading on a small screen is definitely not as good as a VGA screen PPC, but price is his other main consideration, so... choices choices.

../azul123

Your phone must be the HP iPaq 6515...

I'm looking forward to buy my first PDA phone. After reading much reviews & users opinion, i think i'm going for the BenQ P65.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.