optical zoom comparison on G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth

May 5, 2003
east
Visit site
Just wondering, has anyone compare the 4x optical zoom with a G5. As it happens recently that my friend got a nikon 5700 with 4x optical zoom and it seems his can zoom in lot more than my G3.

Any idea/explanation, anyone?

I checked the specs from dpreview and it says Nikon 5700 has 8x (35-280) zoom.
No wonder your friend can zoom better.

Err......think I type the wrong model. He was using a nikon 5000.

Hmmmm
in that case your friend might be wrong.. going by the theory at least.
Or may be he is referring to 4x digital zoom which most of Clubsnappers (myself included) do not consider worth considering :D
May be if you try to make your question a little more clear so that i can give you a better idea.
You want to compare G3, G5, Cp 5000, Cp 5700?

shas3n said:
Hmmmm
in that case your friend might be wrong.. going by the theory at least.
Or may be he is referring to 4x digital zoom which most of Clubsnappers (myself included) do not consider worth considering :D
May be if you try to make your question a little more clear so that i can give you a better idea.
You want to compare G3, G5, Cp 5000, Cp 5700?

probably you are right. Recently I just try out a fuji cam which is a 3x zoom, and found that mine can zoom in nearer probably by one step.

I don't mind if you have the time and the device to compare, the best bet would be comparing with G5 which is of the same zoom with G3.

stealth said:
probably you are right. Recently I just try out a fuji cam which is a 3x zoom, and found that mine can zoom in nearer probably by one step.

I don't mind if you have the time and the device to compare, the best bet would be comparing with G5 which is of the same zoom with G3.
I think u have missed out one point about the zoom factor (X). If the lens at its widest angle is 28mm, 4X zoom will give u 112mm (28 x 4). On the other hand, another camera with the widest angle being 35mm, 4X zoom will give u 140mm (35 x 4). Note that both also give u 4X zoom but the outcome will not be the same.

ya, I guess you are right. Thanks for enlightening me..

Status
Not open for further replies.