One question! Help!

Fujisasuke

Aug 16, 2010
Hi all! i'm a newbie here and recently i am into macro photography.:cool:

i have a 100mm/F2.8 macro lense which gives me a wonderful 1:1 magnification.. but i am hungry for more and wondering if is there any equipment i can add to the setup which will give me more magnification (2:1/5:1)? Suggestions and ideas are most welcomed please! :) :dunno:

MP-E 65mm F2.8 only if u hold a Canon system.

Have to be mpe65 since u on canon

else various add ons like extension tubes, teleconverters, closeup filters or even reverse lens mount can enhance ur magnification

Oh i'm using Sony with minolta macro lense..

Thanks will give those a try.. any idea which ones give the best results in terms of little reduced IQ and cheapest?

extension tubes and reserve mounting the lens will give you the best IQ, since no extra optics is added.

I think the moment you add something different your macro lens IQ will be affected, including extension tubes even though they have no elements. But I think extension tubes are your best choice.

I think the moment you add something different your macro lens IQ will be affected, including extension tubes even though they have no elements. But I think extension tubes are your best choice.

Extension tubes are good if you are concerned abt IQ, since they do not involve optics (more glass). However, they reduce the stops of light so you will have to take note (you might need flash or to stop down if necessary to get proper exposure).

Another trade off will be that you have a much shorter distance to work with using an extension tube.

You can consider using Raynox too. It is one of the most common and favoured method of increasing magnification by macro lovers.

p/s: you can try buying them on 2nd hand sales on this forum. the price is more value for money, and extension tubes are very durable.