Omnibounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyuen

Feb 8, 2004
Jurong West
Hi, a newbie here..have some questions about omnibounces..

1. Understand that omnibounce is used to soften flash and disperse light...wouldn't a bounce card be enough? what are the advantages of omnibounce?

2. What brands of omnibounce are there apart from Stofen. How to tell if an omnibounce is Stofen's?

:dunno:

bounce card gives a more natural effect than omnibounce

omnibounce packing is just a card with "stofen omnibounce" printed on it , tucked inside a ziplock bag, stapled together. its that plain. seriously yes. you can make your own onmibounce from waste plastic and get some kind of bounce effect but stofen claims their onmibounce has "accurate colour consistency" or something similar to that effect. end of the day, its just a piece of plastic ;)

hey dude, thanks for your quick reply. hmm..then how come ppl willing to pay for it? not exactly cheap... and stofen can price their item so high just because of that claim???

:dunno:

probably because the so-called other brands are not widely available as stofen's ..hehe. i mean, mostly when u walk into the shops, when u ask for onmibounce, then most of the time the store guy will show u the stofen. maybe once in a while he can open another drawer and take out the other brand's omnibounce. stofen's price is a bit high but then if u need a onmibounce and there seems to be just stofen's thats available..then most people just pay for it :cool:

user111 said:
probably because the so-called other brands are not widely available as stofen's ..hehe. i mean, mostly when u walk into the shops, when u ask for onmibounce, then most of the time the store guy will show u the stofen. maybe once in a while he can open another drawer and take out the other brand's omnibounce. stofen's price is a bit high but then if u need a onmibounce and there seems to be just stofen's thats available..then most people just pay for it :cool:

its called Monopoly!!:bsmilie:

Is this the omnibounce that u talked about:
DSC_8342.jpg

Another thing, besides getting consistency in colours (as what they claimed), it's also better, in my opinion, than bounce card because if you use the portrait position, and swing your flash to the upright position, you don't have to reposition your bounce card. If you don't do that, the light will be from the side.

I've not used the bounce card before. Not sure how users for bounce card handle such situation though.

No, it does not look like the one Astin posted...

Hi guys, issit true that omnibounce work best in a tight enclose area? where the light is disperse all round when you flash and your subject wil get a better lighting.

nickpower said:
Hi guys, issit true that omnibounce work best in a tight enclose area? where the light is disperse all round when you flash and your subject wil get a better lighting.
Yes, omnibounce will not soften the light for you, but the ceiling and wall will do that for you. the smaller enclose area gets the softer effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.