Omnia vs HTC Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll help you do all that if you trade me your D300 :D

Wah, like that also can ah.

My Omnia only cost me $378 how can trade with my D300 for those tips lei.

Ok lah, I sacrifice abit, I treat you coffee and char kway teow lah, ok?

Hehe
:bsmilie:

Here's the link...it is at time frame: 5.29min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9C3zUJIi1k

Sorry...they are gold fishes not Kois hehehe

Oh...the other goldfish is for showing you that sound is switch off or is on. And if you touch any part of the screen, the 3 kois will swim to it.... uber cool man heheh... the clock is also seen in the white "water" background as you will see in you-tube

Marketed to try to SURPASS!! :heheheh.... Well not this year yet (though it is a damn good try with what they have) but in the year to come. The models you see now in my view are knee jerk reaction and rushed" models from a number of players. It can take years to develope and write the software for a new phone. I think they just don't want to loose out so they took models that is just about to come out and added what they can to it so they have something similar to market and also to do market survey and see what they themselves can come out with to fight the iPhone "love-fest" I think alot of what iPhone has interm of hardware is nothing new and in fact less superior but what they have going for them is the software that drives it's features. They also work the hardward from the ground up whic make s/w compatibility less of a problem unlike the others which have to depend on other companies like Window Mobile or Symbian..etc But give them another 6 months or so...I think there will be alot more better ones coming out with alot of killer apps.

I suspect that the X1 was delayed as they wanted this one to come out fighting against the iPhone so the launch was delayed and they are reworking the OS to make it alot more better now so when it launch, it will give iPhone a good run for it's money.

Poison alert, Virus attack.

Hey Sammy, no good lei, I took your advice go buy the Omnia, now you tell us to wait for X1, how like that. When X1 comes out, I trade it with you for the Omnia can?

Haha

:nono:

Wah, like that also can ah.

My Omnia only cost me $378 how can trade with my D300 for those tips lei.

Ok lah, I sacrifice abit, I treat you coffee and char kway teow lah, ok?

Hehe
:bsmilie:

haha you bought for $378? where you buy? haha i would help you if i could, but i don't have access to the materials as of yet haha.

Another down side to the Omnia... plastic/condom case both not out yet.. ARGH :bsmilie:

I just came back home with my new toy "Omnia" but must charge it up first before I can use it leh.

Any good tips to maximise usage? What about the GPS map, how do I get it done? What about Chinese software is it installed already?

Wow, so many questions, do it tonight then, unless you nice guys out there can help me out with quick fixes.

Thank you all in advance.

Haha

:heart::bsmilie:

What is your ROM? If yours is not DXHG4, don't install too many programs because new ROM coming out anytime in the month of Aug unless some changes. This round you can download the ROM and upgrade at the comfort of your home.

Last edited:
What is your ROM? If yours is not DXHG4, don't install too many programs because new ROM coming out anytime in the month of Aug unless some changes. This round you can download the ROM and upgrade at the comfort of your home.

Thanks I will take note of that and check, still figuring out how to get sync, something is wrong.

Poison alert, Virus attack.

Hey Sammy, no good lei, I took your advice go buy the Omnia, now you tell us to wait for X1, how like that. When X1 comes out, I trade it with you for the Omnia can?

Haha

:nono:

Eh eh...I never say you buy Omnia hor. I told you I am waiting for the arrival of the Touch Pro and the X1...now if those really don't turn up then I would buy the Omnia. I told you the good and bad but I did mentioned the others too leh heheh... And now you will hate me more as I just saw fresh news that they are going to bring in the Omnia with a white back( if that is something you would like more then the black back now...sorry hor heheh only saw the news today)

I decided also today not to get the Omnia for reasons that has nothing to do with how good or bad it is ..... For vanity sake I am looking at the Touch Pro or the X1 or come to the worst the Diamond...just out of spite that someone keep taunting me that I will end up getting it. I hate to lose. And I am sure she is reading this so there!!! BAH!

The Omnia is a good choice to be honest. If you are buying under contract..it is a good deal. I think the X1 will not be having a very good 2 yr contract offer...or at least it will not be as cheap. There will always be something better every 6 months that is the way it is. The Omnia is going to be pretty hot for quite a while.

But you should have done what I did leh bro.... take your time to buy....I did not expect you to rush to buy heheh I did 3 weeks of researching leh heheh..and I am still holding back!!! heheh...

Last edited:
Eh eh...I never say you buy Omnia hor. I told you I am waiting for the arrival of the Touch Pro and the X1...now if those really don't turn up then I would buy the Omnia. I told you the good and bad but I did mentioned the others too leh heheh... And now you will hate me more as I just saw fresh news that they are going to bring in the Omnia with a white back( if that is something you would like more then the black back now...sorry hor heheh only saw the news today)

I decided also today not to get the Omnia for reasons that has nothing to do with how good or bad it is ..... For vanity sake I am looking at the Touch Pro or the X1 or come to the worst the Diamond...just out of spite that someone keep taunting me that I will end up getting it. I hate to lose. And I am sure she is reading this so there!!! BAH!

The Omnia is a good choice to be honest. If you are buying under contract..it is a good deal. I think the X1 will not be having a very good 2 yr contract offer...or at least it will not be as cheap. There will always be something better every 6 months that is the way it is. The Omnia is going to be pretty hot for quite a while.

But you should have done what I did leh bro.... take your time to buy....I did not expect you to rush to buy heheh I did 3 weeks of researching leh heheh..and I am still holding back!!! heheh...

aiya easier said than done. haha the BBB virus infected him and his immune system cannot tahan. i researched for 2 years before i bought my camera haha. end up still not shuang.

Actually hould have asked you to go to PPCSG gathering last Thursday. Both omnia and Diamond were there and the new improved ROM for Diamond was quite good.

You using XP or vista?

Thanks John

I have got the phone sync done up, only now other issue need to be resolved

1. Activation of NAVzone - can't get activation key

2. Chinese software - is this suppose to come with the phone or I have to purchase it. I thought it was suppose to come with the phone.

3. How to get the device physical address, I need it to register into my home router so I can use wifi while at home too.

Still playing with it.

Any other thing to look out for, please let me know.

Thanks

aiya easier said than done. haha the BBB virus infected him and his immune system cannot tahan. i researched for 2 years before i bought my camera haha. end up still not shuang.

hahahah that is over research liao...there is a fine line to this dark art. Just enough will help you get the best phone possible but never the ultimate. Tech just evolving so what is flash today is obselete...so research to the point closest to what you want BUT too much research can make you freeze up hahahah.... that youend up always over shooting for the ultimate and then you find you will never buy one...whatever that may be.

I am not there yet...I am just waiting as my next tactic being that the Touch Pro and X1 is not here yet. Plus I am not really a phone user...I use less then $5 worth that is I use HiCard hehe... I want the other feature...which is wifi and some other features...but not communication which I already have on my old mobile now heheh...

Actually hould have asked you to go to PPCSG gathering last Thursday. Both omnia and Diamond were there and the new improved ROM for Diamond was quite good.

Nah I never go for such stuff...there are already alot of comparisojn between this two models on You-Tube and other mobile sites I frequent AND I am also in the PPCSG forum though I never write in the forum heheh I spy spy alot there and other forums heheh CS is the ONLY exception to the rule that I write nonsense heheheh.

I believe the improved ROM will also be found on the HTC Touch Pro.

Last edited:
Dont know about Samsung but HTC Diamond is not stable...

slide 2 lock on my omnia :

zelda.jpg

zelda_l.jpg

haha maybe he works for samsung. hmmmmmm. :think: haha or maybe he's a samsung fan!

I can't see the picture. Please help

:dunno:

the pictures no longer on the server he link to lah. heheh it is something similar to the iPhone in that there is a slider bar at the bottom of the screen. You touch the screen and slide to the right it lock the phone and you slide it again it unlock the phone. nothing so drama you need to desparately see it. You can see it on YouTube or play with your phone since you already own it...heheheh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.