OMG! Look at the EM-1 aka the now official E-M1 Thread

is it ugly?

Results are only viewable after voting.

The 100-300 is known to be soft near 300mm wide open and needs to be stopped down whereas the prime should be sharper even wide open.

kel77, RyanKhoo,

For this Pana 100~300mm zoom lens, can I set the Aperture Priority to F4.0 if I zoom it out to the max 300mm?

Or the lens or camera will reset the Aperture to a smaller opening depending the lighting condition to suit the 300mm focal length like those common bridge cameras?

Please pardon my ignorance as I do not have this lens. Try to google, can't find the answer.

Thank You
EisMann

kel77, RyanKhoo,

For this Pana 100~300mm zoom lens, can I set the Aperture Priority to F4.0 if I zoom it out to the max 300mm?

Or the lens or camera will reset the Aperture to a smaller opening depending the lighting condition to suit the 300mm focal length like those common bridge cameras?

Please pardon my ignorance as I do not have this lens. Try to google, can't find the answer.

Thank You
EisMann

Hi Eismann,

No you can't. The specs of this lens is 100-300 F4-5.6, meaning F5.6 will be the largest aperture at 300mm.

WongLP,

Thanks for your reply.

I may ended up with a wrong expectation if I purchased the zoom lens with a range of aperture openings.
I thought only bridge camera has this limitation.

EisMann

WongLP,

Thanks for your reply.

I may ended up with a wrong expectation if I purchased the zoom lens with a range of aperture openings.
I thought only bridge camera has this limitation.

EisMann

Unfortunately the m43 system is still lacking on a native telezoom which has constant aperture.
The longest you have is only the Panasonic 35-100mm f2.8

With the release of the 7-14/2.8 , 40-150/2.8 and 300/4 , one can finally say that MFT is a full system :)

Right, the system may be full, but my wallet is empty :confused:

Right, the system may be full, but my wallet is empty :confused:

Haha, true. I'm hoping the lenses turn out nicely priced like the 12-40/2.8 as $11xx when it was released.

If its $11XX at launch, Ill be the first to queue up hehe

Depend on how you look at it and from which perspective and from which angle, I believed this lens can be longer than you thought! :bigeyes:
Walao not so cheem can? Hahaha.

Haha, true. I'm hoping the lenses turn out nicely priced like the 12-40/2.8 as $11xx when it was released.

With P35-100/2.8 price locally much more than 1.1xx when launched (not sure now), and Sony FE70-200/4 @ 1.8k street price, I doubt it will be since it's 80-300/2.8 equivalent. I'm hopeful of course :)

in that case a normal user only need 2 lens haha. 12-40 and 40-150. enough for all possible scenarios!

Walao not so cheem can? Hahaha.

:devil:

With P35-100/2.8 price locally much more than 1.1xx when launched (not sure now), and Sony FE70-200/4 @ 1.8k street price, I doubt it will be since it's 80-300/2.8 equivalent. I'm hopeful of course :)

Your thought seems logical. As for the hopeful part... :bsmilie:

Last edited:

No discount if you are pick to review this lens? Kekeke..

No discount if you are pick to review this lens? Kekeke..

Wa, that's a big hopeful haha. aiyo, we OT too much liao, EM1 new firmware coming soon! Hope to see live composite!

Wa, that's a big hopeful haha. aiyo, we OT too much liao, EM1 new firmware coming soon! Hope to see live composite!

Yeap , very much looking forward to this version of the firmware ;)

Woah if the video capabilities are true, it'll be damn interesting to see how it really performs man.

Hoping for live composite to be included in this update

Hi guys, need help for the below questions.

1) for video recording with EM1, anyone using external plug in mic ? Any brand to intro ?

2) Any recommendation for where to get em1 spare batt? Prefer the original if possible. Can't survive with 1 batt T.T.

Thanks. I am gng down to funan today.