Olympus XZ-1 with FAST f1.8 lens

You can rotate the front dial to orientate your photo.

I know but I don't even want the trouble to rotate in the first place. It is such a P I A !!
Been searching the menu but don't seem to find a setting to turn off the auto-rotate.

I know but I don't even want the trouble to rotate in the first place. It is such a P I A !!
Been searching the menu but don't seem to find a setting to turn off the auto-rotate.

usually it's on the play menu... with a frame and an arrow on the top like so

screen-play-menu.jpg

unless they changed it totally...

Is 1/15s the longest shutter speed duration in A mode? Another PIA when shooting night screen!

Last edited:
5401589680_b487de57d1_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I did not need to do anything special.....As you can see from the screen A mode 1/2s F1.8

5401589680_b487de57d1_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I did not need to do anything special.....As you can see from the screen A mode 1/2s F1.8

very strange... my limit is 1/15s

might be unrelated but i saw the white XZ-1 at Harvey Norman earlier. looks really slick.
the only concern is maybe white turning yellow after a few years. any thoughts? :think:

hmm....my A mode can go to 1/2s, but auto iso seems to max out at iso 200 only.

Umm... bugy.. bugy.. bugy... :think:

hmmm... if I turn the aperture to smaller, the iso does go up, but if I leave it at f1.8, the iso rarely breaks the 200 mark, instead choosing a very slow shutter speed like 1/2s, or even under expose the photo. looks like olympus has to overhaul the auto iso implementation to make it more usable.

ISO set at 100, slowest shutter speed = 1/15s

ISO set to auto, shutter speed can go below 1/15s.

Wat sort of logic is going behind this?

Understand your frustration. I gave up on PnS long ago and prefer my old DSLR where I am the master of the camera. Hope the Fuji X100 will be different.

Hi Weekh,

actually no, i have the XZ-1 as well, just shot it on ISO 100 in A mode and the shutter speed was 1/3 s, wonder what's wrong with your XZ-1 hmmm...

my fustration with the camera is that when you go into the ART filter modes, it does not remember your last set WB or EV +/- settings....

With the seemingly buggy auto ISO algorithm, I wonder how this camera performs underwater. Have any CSers taken this underwater with its underwater casing? Any feedback on how it performs?

Happy CNY everyone.

Got a qn for you guys (I do not own a XZ-1 at the moment).

Dpreview review says we cant focus and recompose with the XZ-1 because of the lack of an AEL/AFL button.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/OlympusXZ1/

But cant we half press the shutter and recompose?

yes can half press shutter to lock focus.

the xz-1 do have some quirks, but luckily most of them can be solved through software.

yes can half press shutter to lock focus.

the xz-1 do have some quirks, but luckily most of them can be solved through software.

Thanks. Can you elaborate on the "quirks" pls? :)