Olympus XZ-1 Bricked

knightcover

Nov 8, 2012
Singapore
Hi all,

I am quite screwed now. Just got a new XZ-1, and decided to itchy backside update firmware.

Accidentally disconnected while updating and now my new camera is bricked :( cannot turn on/charge or in fact anything. :(:(:(

Are there any ways to resolve it myself? Or die die have to bring to Oly service centre? Will they be able to help me on the spot?

I bought it from Amazon btw.

Thanks for the advices in advance.

Best bet is service centre and hope they can do something about it...I mean u can do restore firmware/rom in ios....androids...but this is camera..never heard of being bricked.

Best bet is service centre and hope they can do something about it...I mean u can do restore firmware/rom in ios....androids...but this is camera..never heard of being bricked.

i know man, it is really a joke. haiz i hope the service centre could help me out. if not i would have broken a new camera in record time - 2 hrs.

the service centre would definitely help you out but it might be at a fee because it's not local set...

really? i don't mind the fees, better than ending up with a brick afterall. any idea how long they need to reflash with the ROM?

olympus products come with international warranty?

knightcover said:
Hi all,

I am quite screwed now. Just got a new XZ-1, and decided to itchy backside update firmware.

Accidentally disconnected while updating and now my new camera is bricked :( cannot turn on/charge or in fact anything. :(:(:(

Are there any ways to resolve it myself? Or die die have to bring to Oly service centre? Will they be able to help me on the spot?

I bought it from Amazon btw.

Thanks for the advices in advance.

It's only resetting the firmware, the service cantre will do it. Instead of wasting typing in this forum, u should just bring it down to the centre.