Olympus Announces New SP & FE lines of Digicams

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancy

Dec 16, 2003
Northern Singapore
Visit site
Hi There,

Look no further than dpreview latest news.

.... now I'm going back there to check out the details :)

Cheers,

Check out the Preview of the SP350 here. This is the only release that impress me in terms of specs and size. Find the rest dissapointing.

It looks amazingly small for all the features you get. Full manual function, TTL flash hotshoe and RAW capability in a pocket camera about the size of the Nikon 7900? Don't think any other makes come close. Pity that the lens is not wide angle.

And the FL-20 looks insanely big on it! :)

sp350_fl20a.jpg

It looks like Olympus has been reading my mind. I had wanted a minature version of the SLR (fixed lens is fine) but current P&S does not have a nice grip and most don't have the viewfinder. My other complaint about P&S is the shutter lag - hope this is catered for.
The small size is fantastic and I can carry it easily in my bag.

The material for the grip seems a little too plastic from the picture compared to C7070. Love that 2.5" LCD, the friendly AA battery, 4 My Mode.

What? Still holding on to that Olympus xD card only panorama?

xD card is fine as it is either xD or SD for small digicams and well, Olympus are stuck with it I guess.

Reading throught the review, it does look like a very attractive camera to me and looks like it will be very quick too in terms of shutter lag. I like that they still retain the viewfinder... don't like all the recent digicams that have no viewfinder, so difficult to use in strong sunlight no matter how good the LCD is.

And that grip is very nice for such a camera, I will never buy a camera without a proper grip and looks like this camera is class leading in this respect too.

It is plasticky alright but based on Olympus track record, I will expect the plastic to be solid and nice to the touch and not 'hollow' in feel.

Hope the noise levels in the new 8MP CCD is on par with that of the C7070WZ and C70 and they will have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.