Olympus Air A01

Fezqu

May 9, 2011
Hi Guys, do any of you have any idea how to get this?

i know it's a Japan release only. Can i buy it from the electronic store in Japan?

I'm pretty sure you can and many users here will be able to advice you on the shops to visit (even amazon.jp and have it delivered to your hotel room)

But do note that there is no international warranty for Olympus products bought overseas.

The Olympus air currently only available via olympus jp website. Saw the body only versions backordered till mid April. Wanted to pick one up earlier last week as I was in Tokyo.

I saw a man using it at Chidorigafuchi. Looks cool.

Another thing is the app - not sure if region locked to JP app store only.

Last edited:
As suspected, the OA series of apps to use with the Air is not available in Google. Play store zzz.

with a bit of imagination...

000_s.jpg

010_s.jpg

source: http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/labo/20150402_695796.html

fyi, he's holding the legendary FT 300/2.8

As suspected, the OA series of apps to use with the Air is not available in Google. Play store zzz.

It's easy to change the location of your phone country to japan and DL. But problem is getting back the Olympus JP website registration. It's all in Japanese char.

I just got an Olympus air. They problem is, I don'tdon't have the app. Anyone has the apk?
The app is only available in Japan at the moment. Without the app, this camera is useless.

I just got an Olympus air. They problem is, I don'tdon't have the app. Anyone has the apk?
The app is only available in Japan at the moment. Without the app, this camera is useless.

I don't have an Olympus Air, but I guess you can try http://www.aptoideapk.xyz/download/jp.olympusimaging.oamodedial.apk (links to the other apps are also there). I don't know if it's safe to download from there though - you always have to be wary about getting APKs from third party sources.

It's easy to change the location of your phone country to japan and DL. But problem is getting back the Olympus JP website registration. It's all in Japanese char.

If you are using chrome, it sometimes gives you the option to translate the page

Hi, possible to share how you managed to get hold of one? Tks!

I am also looking forward to the air, but i called Olympus the other day and they said they will not be bringing it in. I wonder will they change their minds. Any way has anyone bought or played with one yet?

Ya I checked yesterday Oly Sg won't be bringing this to Singapore, but I'm not sure why

Ya I checked yesterday Oly Sg won't be bringing this to Singapore, but I'm not sure why

Estimated Sales figures probably not as high I guess :( would have been interesting to try

What a pity... Sigh. This one is hard to order fr Japan as one needs a Japanese address.

Obviously Japan will be much cheaper due to the exchange rate haha.

Hopefully USA would make it smoother,maybe they can accept PayPal and we can use forwarding service to send it back.

Tks mods for checking with oly sg.

Hmm just checked Amazon US. They have it listed as pre order. :)

What a pity... Sigh. This one is hard to order fr Japan as one needs a Japanese address.

Obviously Japan will be much cheaper due to the exchange rate haha.

You can use Tenso.com to purchase from Japan. It's a forwarding service like vpost.