Olympus Air A01

mMmm.. now imagine bird shooting with this rig..

Looks interesing. Thinking about the possibilities in digiscoping. Come to think of it, a Sony QX1 can do it also should this don't make it to Singapore. But the e-shutter (I assuming that at max 1/16000 it is probably electronic) that makes this better for scoping.

I am surprised that Sony is not doing anything.

Last edited:
Ya I checked yesterday Oly Sg won't be bringing this to Singapore, but I'm not sure why

I saw a youtube video on the Air and the commentator brought up 5 major cons:

1.No interchangeable battery - the battery lasts only for 45 mins shooting videos. When the battery is flat, charging takes 4 hours-in the meantime the camera cannot be used.

2. No metering.

3. Wi-Fi connection agonisingly slow.

4. No provision for flash.

5. When handheld and not attached to a HP, it is very difficult to compose and shoot images or videos as the user can only see an approximation of where the camera is pointing at.

Sure seller?

I doubt so.

I saw a youtube video on the Air and the commentator brought up 5 major cons:

1.No interchangeable battery - the battery lasts only for 45 mins shooting videos. When the battery is flat, charging takes 4 hours-in the meantime the camera cannot be used.

2. No metering.

3. Wi-Fi connection agonisingly slow.

4. No provision for flash.

5. When handheld and not attached to a HP, it is very difficult to compose and shoot images or videos as the user can only see an approximation of where the camera is pointing at.

Sure seller?

I doubt so.

This reviewer seem a lot more positive.
1. Can recharge using mobile usb battery charger.
2. There is ESP, centre-weighted, single point metering (app O.A. Central - is it out in the app store?)
3. It seems that the OACentral is not optimised yet as it disconnects and re-connect when he switches between parts of the app.
4. True. At least the QX1 has a built in one that can trigger a optical slave. Then again not really necessary if used in the right circumstances.
5. Think Lomography, it is more for that unique perspective or angle.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-air-a01/olympus-air-a01A.HTM