ok to buy d70 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey115

Jul 7, 2004
nikonians, when would be a good time to get a d70? now? wait until...(fill in)?, looksee at comex? etc.

Wait for comex. See what they have to offer. No rush brother.... thread carefully. ;)

Adiemus said:
Wait for comex. See what they have to offer. No rush brother.... thread carefully. ;)
Tread, not thread, when you close threads, it's thread, not tread ;)

Anyway Comex is coming, the price should be the RRP of $2100 but you will get freebies to go along with it, but generally speaking, I prefer to buy the kit alone and gather up the 'freebies' with cash along as I go. :)

If you need help in getting at Comex, can let me know, maybe I can make a trip down with you on saturday :)

mikey115 said:
nikonians, when would be a good time to get a d70? now? wait until...(fill in)?, looksee at comex? etc.

If Nikon is releasing any new bodies in near future, it's likely all of them will be higher-end models and more expensive than D70.

If you find D70's price point suits you, go for it. If you have the budget to spend more, wait until Photokina, end of Sept.

johnyu said:
If Nikon is releasing any new bodies in near future, it's likely all of them will be higher-end models and more expensive than D70.

If you find D70's price point suits you, go for it. If you have the budget to spend more, wait until Photokina, end of Sept.
I think he was asking when's a good time to get the D70 at, he listed choices of now, wait until Comex, (fill in), don't think he's looking at other models.. heehee... :)

espn said:
I think he was asking when's a good time to get the D70 at, he listed choices of now, wait until Comex, (fill in), don't think he's looking at other models.. heehee... :)

Oh... :embrass:

d70.JPG

For more info on Comex 2004, click here

hi, is MS offering 2.1 with all the freebies? wats their offer like? can pm me if inconvenient? :D

Would the freebies justify that pricing at COMEX? 512 mb cf card but the coolpix 8700 gets a 1gb free card? Doesn't sound right to me. Usually their free bags are also lousy and what's the metal lcd hood for? You think if we wait till the last day and they haven't sold off the stocks yet, they'll throw in even more freebies??

mikey115 said:

the longer you wait to buya D70, the longer you are depriving yourself of the joy of owning a D70 ;) (hahaha....nikon council will be proud of me for saying this )

Lords is selling the kit at about $2050 with gst. If you don't need the extra gifts (which are normally things that you don't really need) what are you waiting for? Even the price of sandisk ultra II has fallen to $195 at Lords.....to me, sounds like a fantastic deal already! (please note, i am in no way related or working for them......)

hurry! hurry! :bsmilie:

I'm very tempted but money not enough lah - wife says buy milk powder and pampers more important! :D

yulee said:
I'm very tempted but money not enough lah - wife says buy milk powder and pampers more important! :D

:thumbsup: Smart woman.. i agree with her. Some things ARE more important than cameras :D

D70 with kit lens

1. MS Color : $2100 with GST (cash and net only)
2. Lords : $2100 with GST (cash and net only)
3. TK Photo :
4. Allan Photo :
5. Cathay Photo :
6. TCW :
7. Aik Seng Photo at Lucky Plaza :

Any one got any infor, please fill up to share with all for comparision.
(Since Aik Seng Photo is the exclusive for Nikon in Comex 2004, wonder if we can get the good price with freebies at the shop it self at Lucky Plaza, but talk about lucky plaza, not sure if Aik Seng Photo is honest one or not)

King Tiger said:
D70 with kit lens
Any one got any infor, please fill up to share with all for comparision.
(Since Aik Seng Photo is the exclusive for Nikon in Comex 2004, wonder if we can get the good price with freebies at the shop it self at Lucky Plaza, but talk about lucky plaza, not sure if Aik Seng Photo is honest one or not)

Yo Tiger, thought you getting one, so why are you waiting?
The path to the dark side..... :bsmilie: :devil:

yulee said:
Strategies you can employ to save $ for D70:
1. Breast feed
2. Use washable nappies.

:bsmilie:

KT: If you need help in getting D70, let me know :)

espn said:
KT: If you need help in getting D70, let me know :)

bringing him to Lords or CP? :D

OT a bit: espn - wats this 'metal LCD' hood i see on nikon's comex brochure? i thot d70's LCD protector is plastic? quite power sia.... i wonder if its 3rd party manufacture and have a similar one for 300D. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.