Official Plane Spotting Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah... no chance it would be landing at Seletar. Imagine the headache it would be to secure that area. Not to mention, Seletar can't take an aircraft of that size.

Its not a headache to secure Seletar; its a nightmare for Secret Services to secure that area and the amount of resources needed to compliment for that period of time.It is also a logistical nightmare just to leave and access ino Seletar when the infrastructure are still under development.

It is unimaginable for a head of state of that magnitude to land in that facility.

Its not a headache to secure Seletar; its a nightmare for Secret Services to secure that area and the amount of resources needed to compliment for that period of time.It is also a logistical nightmare just to leave and access ino Seletar when the infrastructure are still under development.

It is unimaginable for a head of state of that magnitude to land in that facility.
Will you be camping around WSAP in anticipation for the VC-25A? :think:

Will you be camping around WSAP in anticipation for the VC-25A? :think:

Unlikely if it is scheduled night landing on Sat and Sunday evening departure. My weekend are usually over committed to allow for my own personal time.

I only hope Lorong Halus will not be swamp by Secret Services personnel or police for that matter. Those types are usually overly paranoid.:)

Hi all :)

I've been interested in aviation and photography since my secondary school days, but i never had the chance nor financially means then to combine the 2 hobbies together.

Currently, I have an intention to spent more time in aviation photography/plane spotting and though sounds noob, I would really like to seek the opinion of veteran photographer/spotters in this thread on your ideal/recommended focal length when you shoot locally in the various popular spotting grounds.

I currently own a 70-200 f/4 and at times, feel limited by it's limited reach (don't really like to crop too much).

Thanks and hope you guys have a happy "hunting" on the special plane this wkend. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Hi all :)

I've been interested in aviation and photography since my secondary school days, but i never had the chance nor financially means then to combine the 2 hobbies together.

Currently, I have an intention to spent more time in aviation photography/plane spotting and though sounds noob, I would really like to seek the opinion of veteran photographer/spotters in this thread on your ideal/recommended focal length when you shoot locally in the various popular spotting grounds.

I currently own a 70-200 f/4 and at times, feel limited by it's limited reach (don't really like to crop too much).

Thanks and hope you guys have a happy "hunting" on the special plane this wkend. Cheers! :)
depending on the sort of spotting you're doing, reach might not be too important... i.e. i normally use a 12-60 for taking in coming A380s :)

hope the spotting goes smoothly without any of us being "invited" away...:sweat:

depending on the sort of spotting you're doing, reach might not be too important... i.e. i normally use a 12-60 for taking in coming A380s :)

hope the spotting goes smoothly without any of us being "invited" away...:sweat:

icic... WA lens is not a problem as i have one. I have been trolling around various forums and it seems that the most frequently tele range for spotting is bwt 200-400..

Any idea what is the appx time "THE PLANE" will be leaving Sing on Sunday? Would like to capture it but unfortunately got smth on @ 7pm :(

icic... WA lens is not a problem as i have one. I have been trolling around various forums and it seems that the most frequently tele range for spotting is bwt 200-400..

Any idea what is the appx time "THE PLANE" will be leaving Sing on Sunday? Would like to capture it but unfortunately got smth on @ 7pm :(
not too sure of timing... no intel till date...

President Barrack Obama "Air Force One" left Japan earlier than anticipated and is currently enroute to Singapore, ETA to WSAP: ~ 6 to 7 hours.

Depanding on the location, a 70-200mm focal length on a cropped body is more than good enough under most circumstances unless you plan to shoot close-up of the aircraft. :)

Spotting details can be located here. ;)

VC-25A "Air Force One" is now within the Singapore Flight Information Region (FIR), contacted "Singapore Radar" at Singapore Air Traffic Control Center (SATCC) . :)

* Post update: E-2C Hawkeye and F-16 Vipers are buzzing around Tengah Aerodrome Traffic Zone (ATZ), time to leave my house. :D

Last edited:
Good luck in taking the photos, tier one security is a go with the POTUS en route.

VC-25A "Air Force One" is now within the Singapore Flight Information Region (FIR), contacted "Singapore Radar" at Singapore Air Traffic Control Center (SATCC) . :)

* Post update: E-2C Hawkeye and F-16 Vipers are buzzing around Tengah Aerodrome Traffic Zone (ATZ), time to leave my house. :D

Last edited:

How do you know that it contacted Singapore Radar?

Air Force One has landed at around 7:50pm at WSAP RWY 20.

Last edited:
Anybody got chased away by little green men along Lorong Halus ?

The road was supposedly closed according to them but no signage was put up whatsoever.

I find it extremely heavy handed just by closing a public service road without public warning.

Anybody got chased away by little green men along Lorong Halus ?

The road was supposedly closed according to them but no signage was put up whatsoever.

I find it extremely heavy handed just by closing a public service road without public warning.
Hmm..., SAF military personnel? Do they have jurisdiction on public roads? :think:

what time exact is VC-25A Going to leave WSAP (PAYA LEBAR AIR BASE) TMR
Currently scheduled for an evening departure from WSAP RWY 02 but no exact timing available, Air Force One leave whenever President Barrack Obama is ready.

I found a Nice Pic On flickr anyone took shots Of The Manificent plane ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reventon3027/4103049332/
Wow, couldn't get a good shot from my cam due to the night time conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.