Official Nikon DL

@maldito - yeah the perspective control is very intriguing. I definitely can see myself bringing the 18-50 as a travel landscape camera, and maybe just that will do! Especially since I dont use the telephoto range that much while travelling.

Sounds like the end of Nikon 1...

I would buy but for my investment in RX100 + underwater housing...

yeah ...... just invested in v2 last year and now it will be killed .....

anyway, the dl 24-85 is a perfect 'go anywhere' nikon, replacing my beloved p5100 .....

ortega, any specs and pricing about the external EVF ?

So the DL range is now under "pre-order" phase?

In addition, the premium compact cameras, Nikon DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8, DL24-85 f/1.8-2.8, and DL24-500 f/2.8-5.6, will be delayed due to the serious issues with the integrated circuit for image processing built into the three new premium compact digital cameras, originally scheduled for a June 2016 release.

Last edited:
ortega, any specs and pricing about the external EVF ?

sorry, I don't have that information yet

The DF-E1 is an optional Electronic Viewfinder with eye sensor and approx. 2,359K dots resolution that is designed for use with select DL compact cameras. The DF-E1 attaches to the camera via the accessory hot-shoe and allows photographers to compose images via a viewfinder instead of using the LCD on the camera.

compatible with the DL 18-50 and the DL 24-85

Last edited:
battery life is 290 shots, which is bad
battery is charged via USB, which is good
I wonder if you can shoot while charging and can it be charged by a power bank?

battery life is 290 shots, which is bad
battery is charged via USB, which is good
I wonder if you can shoot while charging and can it be charged by a power bank?

Id like to keep it simple. Just buy extra batteries. Definitely smaller than power bank

Still not information on the release date and price right?

[video=youtube;_B2sju8va9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B2sju8va9g[/video]

it is really small in size

yeah ..... looks smaller than my dearest v2 ...... hope it can deliver the same quality ;)

Anyone know whether the DLs hit the town yet?

Nikon De-Layyed...