lightning69 said:Here are some of the major improvements on the new FZ15 & 20
1. AF focus Assist lamp
2. Enhanced AF - 9 point AF ,3 point AF, 1-point AF, or spot AF
3. Remote Shutter - For shooting with tripod
4. Tiff Support
5. Upgraded MEGA O.I.S - allows you to use the 1-step slower shutterspeed than previous FZ10 with Venus Engine. Consequently, even without using a tripod, it allows you to reduce the shutter speed 3 or 4 steps compared to the conventional cameras without O.I.S., while assuring clear images.
6. Enhanced Flash - distance up to 7m at ISO AUTO
7. Venus Engine II - resulting in the industry-leading release time lag of approx. 0.008 sec minimum and a shutter interval*1 of approx. 0.4 sec for achieving more stress-free operation.
8. Venus Engine II gains new imaging process which adds the luminance signal extracted only from the G pixels upon detecting the horizontal / vertical lines in the image. This results in the improvement of the horizontal and vertical resolution by more than 10% compared to the former Venus Engine, while maintaining the 50% in the diagonal resolution. Besides, that the amount of the noise reduction is controllable according to the brightness level of each subject in the image, which reduces the noise in the dark areas as low as 1/3 without affecting the resolution in bright areas of the image.
9. Infinite Consecutive Shooting function - allows limit-free consecutive shooting up to the capacity of the SD memory card.
10. New Mode Dial - aperture-priority AE, shutter-priority AE or manual exposure, which were previously selected from menu screen are now be selectable directly by the mode dial.
elemental said:nice. any idea when it would be released in sg? and its price?
shutterfly said:Just like what I have predicted, they are sequeezing the extra Mp into the same sensor size ccd. With a min of ISO 80, it is clear that noise will soon be an issue.
oh....still dont understand the relationship between CCD n MP....lightning69 said:Oops..sorry...I mean Big LCD seems to be the trend now. 2.5" Lcd are apearing in many digicam these days.
Checked with Panasonic. FZ20 will be here in September. What I would really like to know is whether the FZ20 will still accept my Raynox lens adapter. :dunno:lightning69 said:It says late summer in US. That should be Aug to sept.
Hopefully by sept it will arrive in singapore.