Official FZ20 Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of the major improvements on the new FZ15 & 20

1. AF focus Assist lamp :D
2. Enhanced AF - 9 point AF ,3 point AF, 1-point AF, or spot AF
3. Remote Shutter - For shooting with tripod
4. Tiff Support
5. Upgraded MEGA O.I.S - allows you to use the 1-step slower shutterspeed than previous FZ10 with Venus Engine. Consequently, even without using a tripod, it allows you to reduce the shutter speed 3 or 4 steps compared to the conventional cameras without O.I.S., while assuring clear images.

6. Enhanced Flash - distance up to 7m at ISO AUTO

7. Venus Engine II - resulting in the industry-leading release time lag of approx. 0.008 sec minimum and a shutter interval*1 of approx. 0.4 sec for achieving more stress-free operation.

8. Venus Engine II gains new imaging process which adds the luminance signal extracted only from the G pixels upon detecting the horizontal / vertical lines in the image. This results in the improvement of the horizontal and vertical resolution by more than 10% compared to the former Venus Engine, while maintaining the 50% in the diagonal resolution. Besides, that the amount of the noise reduction is controllable according to the brightness level of each subject in the image, which reduces the noise in the dark areas as low as 1/3 without affecting the resolution in bright areas of the image.

9. Infinite Consecutive Shooting function - allows limit-free consecutive shooting up to the capacity of the SD memory card.

10. New Mode Dial - aperture-priority AE, shutter-priority AE or manual exposure, which were previously selected from menu screen are now be selectable directly by the mode dial.

lightning69 said:
Here are some of the major improvements on the new FZ15 & 20

1. AF focus Assist lamp :D
2. Enhanced AF - 9 point AF ,3 point AF, 1-point AF, or spot AF
3. Remote Shutter - For shooting with tripod
4. Tiff Support
5. Upgraded MEGA O.I.S - allows you to use the 1-step slower shutterspeed than previous FZ10 with Venus Engine. Consequently, even without using a tripod, it allows you to reduce the shutter speed 3 or 4 steps compared to the conventional cameras without O.I.S., while assuring clear images.

6. Enhanced Flash - distance up to 7m at ISO AUTO

7. Venus Engine II - resulting in the industry-leading release time lag of approx. 0.008 sec minimum and a shutter interval*1 of approx. 0.4 sec for achieving more stress-free operation.

8. Venus Engine II gains new imaging process which adds the luminance signal extracted only from the G pixels upon detecting the horizontal / vertical lines in the image. This results in the improvement of the horizontal and vertical resolution by more than 10% compared to the former Venus Engine, while maintaining the 50% in the diagonal resolution. Besides, that the amount of the noise reduction is controllable according to the brightness level of each subject in the image, which reduces the noise in the dark areas as low as 1/3 without affecting the resolution in bright areas of the image.

9. Infinite Consecutive Shooting function - allows limit-free consecutive shooting up to the capacity of the SD memory card.

10. New Mode Dial - aperture-priority AE, shutter-priority AE or manual exposure, which were previously selected from menu screen are now be selectable directly by the mode dial.

wow..impressive
nowadays the prosumer cams are getting better and better! How I wish dslr comes with the mega OIS on the body even with a price of additional 1K cost!

:)

nice. any idea when it would be released in sg? and its price?

elemental said:
nice. any idea when it would be released in sg? and its price?

It says late summer in US. That should be Aug to sept.

Hopefully by sept it will arrive in singapore.

BIG CCd seems to be the trend now.

It's good, considering it's improvements over the FZ10, but !@#!@#~$@!$ :angry: still using SD card?!!!!

Just like what I have predicted, they are sequeezing the extra Mp into the same sensor size ccd. With a min of ISO 80, it is clear that noise will soon be an issue.

shutterfly said:
Just like what I have predicted, they are sequeezing the extra Mp into the same sensor size ccd. With a min of ISO 80, it is clear that noise will soon be an issue.

erm....i not sure about this... isit the bigger the MP needs a bigger CCD ? if not there will be a increase of noise in higher ISO?

Oops..sorry...I mean Big LCD seems to be the trend now. 2.5" Lcd are apearing in many digicam these days.

lightning69 said:
Oops..sorry...I mean Big LCD seems to be the trend now. 2.5" Lcd are apearing in many digicam these days.

oh....still dont understand the relationship between CCD n MP....

FZ15 is US model....sucks....i want FZ15!

2 things about the new FZ15 that rally disappoint me.

1. Movie mode with no sound. What are they thinking?

2. No more hot shoe! Why they hell they remove this form the FZ10?

I don't really care that much for the specs....it's the look I'm after !
With a lens like that, Panasonic got my vote in the looks and style factor. Really need to find out more details about this cam.

However, knowing Phil Askey, he won't be doing a detailed review on the FZ15 or FZ20. Guess we gotta wait for Steve's Digicam to come up with a more comprehensive review before deciding to get it.

This will definitely make a good 2nd or standby digicam.........

Can't see clearly from those photos, but the add-on tele & wide converters doesn't look like Leica lenses. If it is, it is gonna cost a bomb.

This is why i fall in love with the FZ10......

FZ10Options.jpg

lightning69 said:
It says late summer in US. That should be Aug to sept.

Hopefully by sept it will arrive in singapore.

Checked with Panasonic. FZ20 will be here in September. What I would really like to know is whether the FZ20 will still accept my Raynox lens adapter. :dunno:

i think the new panasonic models should come at around oct.. just a bout 1 yr ago.. where FZ 10 release..

Oct ?

That's great ! Will tell my wife what I want for our wedding anniversary gift liao

But seriously though, I am still not too sure if the FZ20 can really replace my DSLR system at the moment. The FZ20 seems like a goodsend from Panasonic....ie replacing all my heavy & bulky F2.8 lenses into one unit.

For all those FZ10 users out there, do you have any problems shooting sports with the FZ10, ie is the shutter lag acceptable ?

From their website, the sample photos seem to be relatively OK with some noticeable noise. But, most small CCDs suffer from that as well.......

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/gallery/models/fz20.html

Btw, is that a turkey in the first shot ??

Status
Not open for further replies.