Official Fuji X70 thread: The Petite Powerhouse

You guys know where can I replace the screw below the Fuji half leather case to those that can mount on tripod?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Just sharing a short quirk I had with this camera.

Firstly, the paint job is atrocious. After 2 days of use I discovered a tiny bit of paint had dropped off. I did not drop the camera or bang it in any way. Utterly disappointed by the quality.

Secondly, after a shot is taken, my practice is to release the shutter back to the half-press position and shoot another few frames in succession. For other cameras, camera will use the AF from the first shot and fire off the 2nd shot immediately. The X70 (and generally all Fuji cameras from what I found on the Internet), will AF again regardless of whether the shutter button is half pressed. This cost me quite a number of shots to be missed due to the lag time during AF. Can Fuji please fix this in the next firmware update?

Other than that, this camera is a good size for travels. Paired with the 21mm WA adaptor, I can leave my heavy kits at home and just travel with this one camera.

Anyone knows where I can get a good deal which will include the lens hood?

Anyone knows where I can get a good deal which will include the lens hood?

The lens hood is a freebie for purchases in Apr now amongst the other items.

However if u r into as cheap as possible and don mind loss of warranty maybe u can source from overseas markets and use a budget 3rd party hood adapter for the X100, I have seen these go as little as $20-$30 on eBay.

(the full set of X100 adapter/hood fits on X70 , but they do look diff with the X100 one being bulkier)

The lens hood is a freebie for purchases in Apr now amongst the other items.

However if u r into as cheap as possible and don mind loss of warranty maybe u can source from overseas markets and use a budget 3rd party hood adapter for the X100, I have seen these go as little as $20-$30 on eBay.

(the full set of X100 adapter/hood fits on X70 , but they do look diff with the X100 one being bulkier)

that means if i purchase now in april i will be able to get the lens hood as freebie?

that means if i purchase now in april i will be able to get the lens hood as freebie?

The answer is yes ... As implied in his reply.
Anyway these information are readily available on Fuji Singapore Facebook page which is maintain by Keith

The answer is yes ... As implied in his reply. Anyway these information are readily available on Fuji Singapore Facebook page which is maintain by Keith

Thanks bro :)

The wide adapter for X70, the WCL-X70 which gives a 21mm focal length on the X70 will be available for sale today onwards at all good camera shops.

Stocks are very very limited. And do note that firmware version 1.10 for X70 is out too for some bug fixing and providing support for the WCL.

Read: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/x70/

Anyone using the external viewfinder with their x70? Can feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone using the external viewfinder with their x70? Can feedback? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U referring to the 21/28mm Fujifilm OVF ? It's compact , fits well and is very 'bright'. The only issue I've with it is that sometimes I wish I can switch the screen off when using it.

Planning to buy but I noticed most the price in the BNS section is much more expensive or only little difference than brand new. And brand new has some freebies.
most ppl trying to recoup as much as possible... Just try to negotiate lo

instead of getting these, I stick to my X-E2 with FW4.0

IMO since same sensor and updated FW it offer same IQ and functionality (18mm and 27mm to be compact if I want to)

except ofcourse of the touch screen and the leaf shutter.

I guess I have to wait for an Xtrans III sensory to mandate me to upgrade =)

U referring to the 21/28mm Fujifilm OVF ? It's compact , fits well and is very 'bright'. The only issue I've with it is that sometimes I wish I can switch the screen off when using it.

hope they heard our feedback and will release an update to fix it soon :( :( :( i wait until flower petal drop liao :( :(

Last edited:
hope they heard our feedback and will release an update to fix it soon :( :( :( i wait until flower petal drop liao :( :(
Haha! True! But I didn't bought the ovf, if it really happens, any cheap alternative?

Sent from my Elephone P7000 using Tapatalk

Haha! True! But I didn't bought the ovf, if it really happens, any cheap alternative? Sent from my Elephone P7000 using Tapatalk

I'm sure any OVF that's 21/28 mm will do lol. But pls do test and make sure it's a good fit before buying if it's another brand