OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 7D Mark II - User Thread

Interesting, been thinking of getting the 7D and have been asking the standard trusted shops:

CP is selling body for: SGD 2133.58, SGD 2608.66 for Kit 1
Other shops selling around SGD 2165, SGD 2635 for Kit 1

Added 5 hours later: prices are before SGD 150 cash back

Last edited:
Anyone having camera lock ups after the new firmware update? Think it's affecting some of the 70 -200mm users..

what do you mean by lockup bro? hmmm...yet to try with my 70-200..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a new 7D Mark II, and was shooting happily yesterday when the shutter speed control, back LED screen and the shutter itself hanged. (exposure can't be made)
I can still control my aperture, the modes but not the shutter speed. 1st time I encounter this issue in all my years of shooting.

I tried turning it off and on, removing lens etc but no use. It only came back to normal after I removed the battery and put it back.

I'm not sure if it's the firmware lockup as mentioned previously... but I haven't updated the firmware. My current firmware is 1.0.2

Anyone else has the same issue?

Not sure if it's just my imagination.... Somehow 7d2 seems to have more problems than any other Canon cameras released.

Not sure if it's just my imagination.... Somehow 7d2 seems to have more problems than any other Canon cameras released.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but the first version also had a lot of people complaining over issues with AF.

I also owned the 7D Classic and was very happy with it. Shortly after I bought it, I brought it to CSC and had them calibrate the AF. I never had a problem with focus issues after that.

Just bought a new 7D Mark II, and was shooting happily yesterday when the shutter speed control, back LED screen and the shutter itself hanged. (exposure can't be made)
I can still control my aperture, the modes but not the shutter speed. 1st time I encounter this issue in all my years of shooting.

I tried turning it off and on, removing lens etc but no use. It only came back to normal after I removed the battery and put it back.

I'm not sure if it's the firmware lockup as mentioned previously... but I haven't updated the firmware. My current firmware is 1.0.2

Anyone else has the same issue?

The new firmware is suppose to fix that..but it makes the whole camera hang for some.I forgot where was the proper steps to fix it after updating.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but the first version also had a lot of people complaining over issues with AF.

I also owned the 7D Classic and was very happy with it. Shortly after I bought it, I brought it to CSC and had them calibrate the AF. I never had a problem with focus issues after that.

Yea..it's like some 7D virus lol

Never had any major issue with my 7D2 (*touch wood*), although the battery life seems weak at first but the more I used it, the battery life magically seems to last more shots now lol.

Updated to the new firmware but no time to bring it out to see the differences.

Never had any major issue with my 7D2 (*touch wood*), although the battery life seems weak at first but the more I used it, the battery life magically seems to last more shots now lol.

Updated to the new firmware but no time to bring it out to see the differences.

Isit? Lol my battery life seems to just stay bad previously...250-300 shots max....I also really need to find time to spend with my camera..Lol

Interesting, been thinking of getting the 7D and have been asking the standard trusted shops:

Is the above CP price of SGD 2133.58 based on cash payment? Or credit card payment is possible?
Thinking of getting it but not sure if I should wait till the PC Show next week.

Last edited:
Cash, anyway the quote is invalid already, since it's more than a week old. You can drop them a Facebook message to get the latest quote. TKPhoto'S quote is the same as others but with CC its $5x more

For me I'm holding on for the PC Show first before buying. Not for the lower prices but to see if there are additional free gifts? I don't think the prices will be lower, due to the fair.

This means that brand new price after rebate is around $1,983. Price has come down.

People are still asking for $2,000 for a used copy in the forum. :dunno:

This means that brand new price after rebate is around $1,983. Price has come down.

At the price they are asking, I rather pay a wee little bitty bit to get 15 months warranty with that factory plastic smell.

Ask them lower the price for a reality check they say you lowball... :dunno:

At the price they are asking, I rather pay a wee little bitty bit to get 15 months warranty with that factory plastic smell.

Ask them lower the price for a reality check they say you lowball... :dunno:

Do you mean this?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525098

Is $1,900 is a reasonable for a month old set? :think:

Not pointing fingers, there are other local sites that have the B&S function..

Just verified with CP. The above prices are inclusive of GST and is valid for the next 1 week.
Also found a deal on Qoo10 (BigSaleMarket) selling LP-E6N battery for $79.90. Read the reviews and seems like original new ones. Pretty good deal considering CP selling @ $95. It's marketed as LP-E6 but customers are receiving the higher capacity LP-E6N.

Do you mean this?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525098

Is $1,900 is a reasonable for a month old set? :think:

I see that u are a regular seller here too,is there a need for such comments?
Are your items cheap? how come posted so many times still haven't sell?