OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 7D Mark II - User Thread

When they bring the box in and i was like more 7d2 comw already...den i go nearer and den see the big bazoka lens...you bought at tk also?

When they bring the box in and i was like more 7d2 comw already...den i go nearer and den see the big bazoka lens...you bought at tk also?
I didn't buy at TK as they ran out of stocks for body only. It was my friend set.

Last edited:
May I ask if the auto focus works on this body when using 300mm F4 with canon extender ef2x on this body.
Thank you so much !

May I ask if the auto focus works on this body when using 300mm F4 with canon extender ef2x on this body. Thank you so much !

Centre AF point only. Live view no limitation

How much is the 7D MkII selling for, body only?

There are no fixed price but most shops I checked are selling at $2199 and the highest quote was $2250.

Turbonetics - hows the 7D2 coming along?

Turbonetics - hows the 7D2 coming along?

Iam down with bad cough and headache so didn't have time to bring it out to test yet. However I have 2 friends who told me they are happy with its AF.

Today just done shooting at a Paintball event...will upload the photos soon...

If possible please state the ISO speed on each photo.

Anyway it is using new RAW file format so my PS CC and LR5 is not able to open and view. The only program I guess that can be used is Canon DPP latest version.

Yea right now can only use digital photo pro to open up the raw files and convert them to be able to open in lightroom and photoshop. Hope Adobe will come up with the support update soon.

Noob question here, been looking at the manual n can't find something I wanted,
As I'm looking to store RAW into CF CARD n JPEG into SD card, is there such an option?
Spent the last 30mins looking through but still can't find this combi, thx

Noob question here, been looking at the manual n can't find something I wanted,
As I'm looking to store RAW into CF CARD n JPEG into SD card, is there such an option?
Spent the last 30mins looking through but still can't find this combi, thx

There is no such function.
whatever u choose,it will be the same for both cards and u can only save into either card at any one time.

whatever u choose,it will be the same for both cards and u can only save into either card at any one time.

O I c, many thanks bro

Btw it's been a long time since I last used a SD card, just wondering if any bros r using eye fi or any form of wifi SD card on the new system, was thinking of getting 1, but afraid dat it can't support or anything negative, as It would b great to add another feature to the system since I need to get a SD

You can record separately. Go to pg 146 of the user manual. Just need to select recording method and file quality.

You can record separately. Go to pg 146 of the user manual. Just need to select recording method and file quality.

Do u mean can record into seperate cards?
Or can record seperate RAW and JPEG?

On the 5D mk3, press the Q (quick menu) and of u hv both cards already inserted, you will see 1 and 2 and next it the format. At the 1 2 box press set n choose record separately and returning to the Q menu format type box by pressing set choose the format for each card. .i think the 7d mk2 has the same type of menu n capability.