OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GPS is always disabled. Have not ever enable it. More like the battery drainage is caused by my tamron 24-70 VC as suggested by bro ricleo. I come to realize that I did not have this problem before I use the tammy. I only had a canon 50 1.8 when I first got my 6d and battery remain almost full even if I leave that lens attached to the camera for a few days.

Ah, I see....

What has the turned off GPS to do with the Tamron lens?

Nothing to do with the tamron lens, but got to do with the 6D. I read on another website, that particular user is a user of 6D said that the CSC Rep told him that even when the Camera is turned off, the GPS (if turned on) will still continue to consume battery.

SkyStrike said:
Ah, I see....

Nothing to do with the tamron lens, but got to do with the 6D. I read on another website, that particular user is a user of 6D said that the CSC Rep told him that even when the Camera is turned off, the GPS (if turned on) will still continue to consume battery.

Yes, that's the same as with any other camera with GPS over the last couple of years but he said already he turned it off and someone else solved already the puzzle, it's the Tamron lens.

Yes, that's the same as with any other camera with GPS over the last couple of years but he said already he turned it off and someone else solved already the puzzle, it's the Tamron lens.

I seem to have left out that liner when he mentioned that the GPS is disabled....

This question is hunting this forum... Japan is cheaper? Really? lol
Yeah, should be Japan only if it isn't an overseas model from an airport there.

Thought that it is around $2 k there...

went to jb ytd, casually popped by one of the shops. 6D w 24-105mm set is about 7600rm with msia warranty.. i believe that the price can be bargained furthermore.

wertyho, where you get from...?

one of the camera shops in ksl. cant remember what name, somewhere in lvl 3. but im not sure is there any additional cost like taxes or whatsoever. the uncle just went through the list and gave me the quote.

6d kit2 is in stock....

in fact someone on CS classifieds is selling a set from Cathay Photo now at 4k.

iirc, Canon Sg's warranty covers both China and India too.

Yes but why pay more to buy in sg and bring to china to use? Might as well buy in china at a cheaper price and enjoy the 2 yr warranty?

hehe.... my contract will end in another year. Not sure where I will be after 1 year, China or Sing. So that's why the headache.

I dun see the headache... if u are there for the next 1 year there's absolutely no point buying in sg at a higher price even if sg local warranty covers China. Doesn't it make sense to buy in china at a lower price? U would still enjoy the China warranty during the 1 year that u are in china

I thought the China set doesn't come with GPS and WIFI?

I was looking at the specs for the 6D and noticed that the sensor size is slightly smaller than the 5D3...

Does this smaller full frame sensor add any "crop factor", no matter how minute, to the images taken with this camera?..

I was looking at the specs for the 6D and noticed that the sensor size is slightly smaller than the 5D3...

Does this smaller full frame sensor add any "crop factor", no matter how minute, to the images taken with this camera?..

Sensor size is always approximate

GeneKoh said:

Could be just a marketing gag and nobody even knows how big the active area of the 5D3 sensor is anyway, in the end the actual used area could be the same for both cameras.

Last edited:

I have both the 5D3 and 6D... saw the sensor size dimensions too, so decided to give it a test. using my 24-105L on its widest at 24mm, I don't see any difference... not to my eye.

I read somewhere that the 6D has problems with 3rd party battery?
is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.