OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Did some googling myself too. Seems like problem specific to 6d + Tamron 24-70 VC. Sigh... really kena lottery. K, I'll check with Tamron to see if they can replace this lense.

It has been a while.... and finally, I got to test the 6D in shop.... with a 24-105mm F4L.....

AF is pretty much good enough for me, and I think it is fast enough for most cases.... I am a 7D user, and ex-400D user, so I think I am able to live with it.....

Really.... SOLD SOLD SOLD liao.... now.... hoping to get it at $2400.... hope it reach this price mark soon............ ;p

Doubt it'll drop till that price anytime soon for local set.. Closest I've seen is Technogadgets selling it on weekend deals at $2399.. But no warranty though...

Could anyone advise if it is normal for a fully charged battery to die in just a few days when left in the 6d whithout any usage. I last charged my battery about 3-4 days ago and has not been using it. Today when i need to shoot, it is left with only 18%. As both my wifi and gps are disabled i thought that the battery shouldn't die so fast.

IIRC, it's caused by the GPS. Turn it off when not in use.

My GPS is always disabled. Have not ever enable it. More like the battery drainage is caused by my tamron 24-70 VC as suggested by bro ricleo. I come to realize that I did not have this problem before I use the tammy. I only had a canon 50 1.8 when I first got my 6d and battery remain almost full even if I leave that lens attached to the camera for a few days.

SkyStrike said:

What has the turned off GPS to do with the Tamron lens?

$3461 for the kit. this is with discount...

good price?

Canon EOS 6D with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM is selling for 16002 yuan. Not sure what the conversion rate now is. But if it's 1 to 5, then it's $3200.40. Now contemplating whether should buy this in Shanghai or back in Singapore. Sigh

Just 6D body is 11888 yuan.

Last edited:
Canon EOS 6D with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM is selling for 16002 yuan. Not sure what the conversion rate now is. But if it's 1 to 5, then it's $3200.40. Now contemplating whether should buy this in Shanghai or back in Singapore. Sigh

Just 6D body is 11888 yuan.

Simple.....if u want warranty just get it locally for another 200 plus more.

I'm based in Shanghai most of the time.

Then it's s no brainer. U have 2 years china warranty. Why would u pay more to buy in singapore when u can't enjoy the warranty in china?

Then it's s no brainer. U have 2 years china warranty. Why would u pay more to buy in singapore when u can't enjoy the warranty in china?

hehe.... my contract will end in another year. Not sure where I will be after 1 year, China or Sing. So that's why the headache.

sillyham said:
hehe.... my contract will end in another year. Not sure where I will be after 1 year, China or Sing. So that's why the headache.

Singapore warranty runs out in 15 months.

trd2970 said:

iirc, Canon Sg's warranty covers both China and India too.

kohbro said:
iirc, Canon Sg's warranty covers both China and India too.

Yep, that's what I recall too.

just get the china one since you will be there for at least one more year.

Doubt it'll drop till that price anytime soon for local set.. Closest I've seen is Technogadgets selling it on weekend deals at $2399.. But no warranty though...

I am hoping.... well... not that I need it that badly..... as I still got 2 body available... the thought of the new APS-C camera are exciting though.......

*UPDATE* EOS 70D is Coming, The Future of Pro APS-C Will Change « Canon Rumors

Japan 6D body should only be Japan warranty right??? I have a friend going to Japan..... and it is a $600 difference!!!!

Halfmoon said:
Japan 6D body should only be Japan warranty right??? I have a friend going to Japan..... and it is a $600 difference!!!!

This question is hunting this forum... Japan is cheaper? Really? lol
Yeah, should be Japan only if it isn't an overseas model from an airport there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.