OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Was quoted additional $899 for +4 more years warranty!

The additional years of warranty are likely from the shop, not Canon. I usually turn down such offers. They are betting that your camera will be defect free for the next 4 years. Statistically, in 90% of the cases that is true. In those instances they pocket the $899.

In 10% of the cases, problems with a camera will occur. Statistically, they usually occur within the first year... hence the 1 year warranty from Canon. Once the issue is fixed, the camera should perform flawlessly for the rest of its life.

Of course there are exceptions but statistically, these cases would be quite low. It is only in these instances that the shop must pay out of the pool of $899 that customers have paid into for insurance... a drop in the proverbial bucket! Hence, it is a great way for shops to make additional profit from each sale.

Last edited:
The additional years of warranty are likely from the shop, not Canon. I usually turn down such offers. They are betting that your camera will be defect free for the next 4 years. Statistically, in 90% of the cases that is true. In those instances they pocket the $899.

In 10% of the cases, problems with a camera will occur. Statistically, they usually occur within the first year... hence the 1 year warranty from Canon. Once the issue is fixed, the camera should perform flawlessly for the rest of its life. Of course there are exceptions but statistically, these cases would be low.

Yeap, I turned down the offer. Warranty was never my concern. Hardware hardly give way. Mainly firmware or software that concerns me most. Can't wait to get my hands on this baby!

In need of a remote shutter release, which model would you guys recommend?

You can get any 3rd party remote shutter release; way cheaper than the canon ones.

any idea how much is bg-e11 thanks..

How's the 3rd party ones? Sorry to keep asking, I'm super anxious in getting mine on Monday.

i had the 3rd party one. basically it's not as well built as the original. but made from mostly good quality plastic. Brand was DSTE from HK. manufacture OEM battery too.

thanks skystrike

thanks skystrike

For 3rd party grip, do take note and consider if you will need or ever use a L-Bracket. Most of them will not fit the L-Bracket.

PS: You can pm me if you are interested in 3rd party grip. I got 1 to let go.

I'd believe Canon goes for $2xx! I'm trying to find a reliable 3rd party remote, couldn't find much review about them

Actually the 3rd party ones are all almost identical to me.
Things to consider may be whether its is wireless or wired, intervalometer , etc.

Personally and currently I am using the PixelHK TW-282.
In terms of functions and price not bad but the receiver failed on me 2x (luckily I managed to exchange the faulty component after contacting PixelHK).

Actually the 3rd party ones are all almost identical to me.
Things to consider may be whether its is wireless or wired, intervalometer , etc.

Personally and currently I am using the PixelHK TW-282.
In terms of functions and price not bad but the receiver failed on me 2x (luckily I managed to exchange the faulty component after contacting PixelHK).

Was looking at Phottix Aion or Hahnel Giga T Pro II...still looking around

I used to own the Olympus E620 c/w Zuiko 12-60mm. In Liveview, when I fully press the shutter, there seems to be a lag of spilt second. Is this normal for Olympus and does Cann 5DM3 behave like this too ? Or are all LiveView like this ?
Irritating thing is whenever I ask s stranger to help take my photo, he moves after pressing the shutter, thinking that the picture has already been shot, thus the result is a blur picture.
Thanks all !

How's the 3rd party ones? Sorry to keep asking, I'm super anxious in getting mine on Monday.

I used the third party grip and I din like it in terms of control from the joystick and the feel is not as solid as the BG11. I have not regretted paying a bit more for the original.

Was looking at Phottix Aion or Hahnel Giga T Pro II...still looking around

Hahnel is good...been using it for my many time lapse experiments and have not failed. Tried the remote shutter without any glitches as well

I used to own the Olympus E620 c/w Zuiko 12-60mm. In Liveview, when I fully press the shutter, there seems to be a lag of spilt second. Is this normal for Olympus and does Cann 5DM3 behave like this too ? Or are all LiveView like this ?
Irritating thing is whenever I ask s stranger to help take my photo, he moves after pressing the shutter, thinking that the picture has already been shot, thus the result is a blur picture.
Thanks all !

Live view on 5D3 won't be any better than your E620.

I think it's time to upgrade your E620 to Olympus OM-D E-M5. Its AF will blow you away. No kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.