OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's *THE* perfect backup body for people like me.I won't even consider it as a downgrade!

Great compliment to the 1 series bodies.

Wasn't too keen on paying 1k+ extra for the 5d3.

different strokes for different folks.

since you already have the 1DX, it will be natural for you to look out for a low cost + lightweight FF to complement your primary body and that budget FF is the 6D.

of cause' if one has the money, he/she can go for the 5DMK3 as a secondary body too.

on the other hand, there will be those people(me inclusive) who can only afford a single FF body and this body must perform to certain expectations.

5D body with 1DX's AF, precisely why i bought the 5DMK3.

You are perfectly right on all counts, if one only has the budget for one main body that is pretty well rounded.

The main criteria for me tomorrow when I collect the 6D is to hold it on the palm of my hand. If it is significantly improved in terms of weight just like the 24-70 ii, my main objective would have been accomplished. 2 lenses on 2 different bodies, 1 significantly lighter, at all times, with no need to switch at a cost under 3k. Perfect for my travels that I have lined up.

I don't doubt the 5D3 one bit at all, I have considered it as a backup body as well having shot with 2 5D (5DC and 5D2) bodies for the past 4 years, but unfortunately it has not fulfilled the weight aspect of my checklist as a second body. I can understand the direction Canon is going, to reduce the weight of their prosumer bodies and lens to making them as light as possible.

Wah you travel with 2 dslr? So heavy leh. Haha.

Anyway do share same sample shots from the 6D eh. :)

Wah you travel with 2 dslr? So heavy leh. Haha.

Anyway do share same sample shots from the 6D eh. :)

Not when you have another person travelling along side with you and supporting your hobby...:D she takes the 6D and I take the heavier cam.

I will probably do some portraits of her when we're at paris though. My intention for the two cams are really more for my events and landscapes.

I will, but you can come by tomorrow la, click has a demo 6D on hand. I'll holler in the other forum when it's here.

Not when you have another person travelling along side with you and supporting your hobby...:D she takes the 6D and I take the heavier cam.

I will probably do some portraits of her when we're at paris though. My intention for the two cams are really more for my events and landscapes.

I will, but you can come by tomorrow la, click has a demo 6D on hand. I'll holler in the other forum when it's here.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Paris photos!

Castlesinthesky said:
Very soon! Leaving on 2nd dec and back on 16th.

I expect it to be very very cold and lousy weather...

But hey it's paris!
So nice ... btw curious what lens are you bringing along? 16-35?
Get the new 24-70mk2, you won't regret.

Very soon! Leaving on 2nd dec and back on 16th.

I expect it to be very very cold and lousy weather...

But hey it's paris!

Yes it will be cold, but at least you won't have snow. Have a great trip! Post some photos on your return.

need to work rah haha.

So nice ... btw curious what lens are you bringing along? 16-35?
Get the new 24-70mk2, you won't regret.

he already has the 24-70L II.

i just gotten my 5Dmk3 Kit =)

In the midst of a 6D shark-feeding frenzy and buy until you die 6D attitude ;p, we have one individual who has turned his back on all that and purchased the Canon 5D3. Congratulations Snowydust and welcome to the club. Please feel free to post your opinions, questions, advice and even your photos. :)

raydio said:
In the midst of a 6D shark-feeding frenzy and buy until you die 6D attitude ;p, we have one individual who has turned his back on all that and purchased the Canon 5D3. Congratulations Snowydust and welcome to the club. Please feel free to post your opinions, questions, advice and even your photos. :)

Haha thanks, switching from another apsc crop brand. But actually i dunoe if i am stupid to buy now also as i think the price will prob drop a little more if 6d turns out to be very popular. Will try out my cam during the wkend. Thanks =)

Haha thanks, switching from another apsc crop brand. But actually i dunoe if i am stupid to buy now also as i think the price will prob drop a little more if 6d turns out to be very popular. Will try out my cam during the wkend. Thanks =)

It should drop at least to where it was already about 3 months ago, it seems a bit more expensive right now.

snowydust said:
i just gotten my 5Dmk3 Kit =)

Congrats on the purchase...you will enjoy the camera.

Hi, remember saw before that some 3rd party speedlite (eg. nissin) doesn't work too well with 5D mk3?
Thinking get a 3rd party speedlite with TTL as backup. Anyone try nissin or yongnuo on their mark3?
Thank

Hi, remember saw before that some 3rd party speedlite (eg. nissin) doesn't work too well with 5D mk3?
Thinking get a 3rd party speedlite with TTL as backup. Anyone try nissin or yongnuo on their mark3?
Thank

Yes, my Nissin DI866 MarkII doesn't work with my 5D3 and 1DX..i mean the ETTL is not functioning, if using trigger such as Pixel it become worst. You can get YongNuo YN568EX, is cheap and good :) You can high syn to 1/8000 even with Pixel trigger.

teeteng said:
Congrats on the purchase...you will enjoy the camera.

He also save more by upgrading directly, instead of 6d then 5dmk3. Of course, 1dx is a different animal.

yup, i guess upgrading directly in the long term save some $$.

Is there any 3rd party shutter release for 5dmk3, also where to get it? I need one for my landscape. Thanks! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.