OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if the harvey norman offer is available in their funan store as well, or only sitex?

this whole Harvey Norman offer is just a nice marketing stunt, the real price is 24X the installment advertised, there is no waiver for those 24 month.
So its 4306 for the body and 4498 for the kit. Very misleading the least to say.

Last edited:
Gizmo said:
Sitex offer for 5d3 (Harvey Norman) free 2 months installments... check it out.. :)

The way this works is simple, look at the term 'waived'. It means that's the final price you're paying monthly for 24 months.

How the 2 months waived works:

Take 2 months of $4699 nett you $4307. This is the price of the body rounded to the nearest dollar.

$4307 paid over 24 months means a $179.45 monthly payment.

Do consider if you have "over committed" for a hobby ... When you have to take a long term loan to buy something.

ahboy168 said:
Do consider if you have "over committed" for a hobby ... When you have to take a long term loan to buy something.

I think there r hobbyist out there who has the ability to pay for the goods but simply does not want to depart with so much cash at once. That's way they dun mind topping up a bit to divide it out. Of course...if u run into debt and has difficulty paying the monthly, then it's time to choose a cheaper hobby

anyone here accidentally removed their MODE dial on 5d3? mine was lost(plate on top of the dial that rotates where u can see M, Av, Tv, & P)
i'm still able to set to M mode but need 4 counts from left or right since M is in the center, & i never used the rest of the dial.
Not sure if csc able to relplace it? and how much? thinking to print a colored plastic paper and replace the plate. lol!
tia

Last edited:
loveko said:
anyone here accidentally removed their MODE dial on 5d3? mine was lost(plate on top of the dial that rotates where u can see M, Av, Tv, & P)
i'm still able to set to M mode but need 4 counts from left or right since M is in the center, & i never used the rest of the dial.
Not sure if csc able to relplace it? and how much? thinking to print a colored plastic paper and replace the plate. lol!
tia

Wthhhhhhhhhhh..so much for durability..

Look at this picture of a crack on the LCD panel of the weather-sealed OMD unit.

Consider the factory debris problem on Nikon D600 sensors.

Seems like factory QC standard is falling worldwide, and affects every brand name.

Look at this picture of a crack on the LCD panel of the weather-sealed OMD unit.

Consider the factory debris problem on Nikon D600 sensors.

Seems like factory QC standard is falling worldwide, and affects every brand name.

Not entirely convinced but I am sure the Internet is spreading cases like that much faster and wider now than just 10 years ago.

loveko said:
tia

Thanks for sharing... I better take note my... Lol... Hopefully not so expensive for Canon replace for you....

loveko said:
tia

Probably will not be too expensive but more importantly, how on earth did it even come off?!?!

Planning to upgrade to 6D. & definitely to sell my 5d3 @ a cheaper price. Anyone keen?
Btw, checking sc for 5d3 can only be made thru eoscount, its one that is reliable & accurate for checking shutter count on 5d3.

Probably will not be too expensive but more importantly, how on earth did it even come off?!?!

Ya. About 100bucks. Btw, without the dial, much convenient to check at 2 lcd screens from there we still able to see which mode we using.

Planning to upgrade to 6D. & definitely to sell my 5d3 @ a cheaper price. Anyone keen?
Btw, checking sc for 5d3 can only be made thru eoscount, its one that is reliable & accurate for checking shutter count on 5d3.

When I used eoscount for my 7D and 5D classic, it was free. When I tried to use it for my 5D3, they wanted payment. Has anyone else encountered this?

When I used eoscount for my 7D and 5D classic, it was free. When I tried to use it for my 5D3, they wanted payment. Has anyone else encountered this?

Never tried to check sc on my 7d before.
Btw, I paid 2sgd thru paypal for 5d3 actuations.
I think owner of the software was now charging due to high demand on high end dslr tat needs to check sc.

Why aren't the actuations accessible in the firmware's UI? What's the benefit of hiding it?

ageha said:
Why aren't the actuations accessible in the firmware's UI? What's the benefit of hiding it?

Canon only made it accessible for the 1DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.