OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys thanks for the help.I think price is going to vary even more as i may be getting another 60D kit in full cash

DjSnap said:
Hi cs peeps,i am looking to upgrade to 5dmk3 next week and was wondering whats the price like?just the body itself.
Btw I am paying by full cash.

Thanks for the help and appreciates it

3 weeks ago ms color quoted me $4100 cash. Maybe price have adjusted a bit...can check with them. They replied my equote quite fast

IMHO, the 5D3 + EF 35 F1.4 L is a perfect combi. With the good ISO performance and fast EF 35mm, I just need to set the ISO to auto and set the camera to shutter priority mode of 1/500, and I will have a good setup for street photography.

I'm waiting for it to go back to 3999. Missed that boat a few weeks ago. Nikon D800 is at 3750$ already, canon should follow suit :D

As the end of August quickly approaches, we will be in for a period of new product announcements from both Nikon and Canon. September promises to be an exciting month ahead!

Starting off the rumour mill, is a report about the pending release of the entry-level full frame camera, the Nikon D600. Release date is estimated to be mid September. Here are the rumoured specifications:

- 24.7-megapixel FX sensor
- 39-point autofocus system
- ISO 100-6400 with Hi-2 ISO 25,600
- 1080p video at 30 frames per second

- 3.2″ LCD
- HDMI output
- water-sealed protection
- built-in AF motor
- release date as September 13th

I wonder what specs Canon's entry-level full frame will come with?

Hey guys, is there any eyepiece extender available locally for the 5d3? thanks

linkk said:

I had a 3rd party extender which used for 7D but it fit my 5D3. I got it at sim lin level 6.

I used to use the eye piece extender on my Canon 50D about 3 years ago. I stopped using it for the following reasons:

i) the image in the view finder is harder to see especially in low light because the extender makes the image actually appear smaller.

ii) an extender is usually bought to prevent the nose from touching the LCD. In my experience it did not. The extender protrudes only a few millimeters hardly compensating for the enormous size of my nose!

Not fond of eyepiece extenders. First, extenders cuts VF magnification by a whooping 30%. Your typical VF magnification is already a mere 0.71-0.76x on average, depedning on model. Cut that by 30%... you know what I mean..

I know some remove the glass of the eyepiece extender to overcome this. Butthat gives you a situation where by the distance of your eye to the VF glass has increased. Not sure if you would feel comfortable squinting at the VF.

tonytan0 - thanks bro for the info

raydio & avsquare- thanks guys for the feedback, i never try one before and my initial impression is exactly the opposite, i thought it would further magnify the image in the viewfinder and would prevent my cheeks and nose from touching the lcd, great that you clarified it. Thanks again :)

sorry double post

Last edited:
raydio & avsquare- thanks guys for the feedback, i never try one before and my initial impression is exactly the opposite, i thought it would further magnify the image in the viewfinder and would prevent my cheeks and nose from touching the lcd, great that you clarified it. Thanks again :)

I am using an eye-piece extender on my 5D3 that can magnify the image in the viewfinder at the same time!

I am using an eye-piece extender on my 5D3 that can magnify the image in the viewfinder at the same time!

which extender is that?

Wai said:

Yes...do tell and where it can purchased. Would be very useful.

From other forum suggest the following:
http://www.amazon.com/Eyepiece-Extender-Premium-Microfiber-Cleaning/dp/B00531E08O?tag=crf-20

Amazon.com: Hoodman H-EYEC22 HoodEYE Eyecup for Canon 22mm Cameras: Camera & Photo

I used to carry one of the korean brand.. "KPS", they made one for 1D Mark 4... i heard any 1D mark 4 can fit to 5D Mark 3..
so you can try to search also...

1D4 and 5D3 shares the same eye cup so the eyepiece extender is matching also. ;)

Note the 1st link on the extender, that product also reduce VF magnification by 30%.

Last edited:
Oh YEAH!!! Finally!!! i joined this club. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.