Official Announcement of Nikon Df

I will choose

Results are only viewable after voting.

maybe he can't decide with or without kit lens.
Just like me, I have 50mm 1.4D ......... :embrass:

Though I was tempted, I rejected the 50mm f/1.8G since most of the time for fun I use AIS lenses (I have the 50mm f/1.4 AIS which I use for street photography), and for more serious quick stuff the 70-200 II (coupled that with the existing 50mm f/1.4D I could see no reason to buy the 1.8G). what I am itching for is the 50mm f/1.2 which someone mentioned as the best 50mm... sounds very very deliciously tempting... :)

Which series of Pocket Wizard do u have?

I am a strobist. I have been using Nikon Df with Phottix Strato wireless triggers and it works perfectly fine.

I have the miniTT1 and flexTT5.

Have you updated yours?
Any improvements?

Improvements are described in the link (lower page section). Not enough for me to "go where no man has gone before"!! :)

Have you updated yours?
Any improvements?

Got improvement.
Fixing some bugs from the original Df, e.g. previously the modelling light was not fired. I was using SB800.

A rather different and funny way of Nikon Df review by FStoppers
[video=youtube;en5z-Q4po4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5z-Q4po4M[/video]

Did you have to cross post the same post in every Df thread?

Apologise if my cross post offended you. Paisei Sorry ah.

Had a brief "hand-on" with the DF today, very disappointed with the position of the strap eyelet (inline with the grip)
Gets in the way of a having a good grip of the camera.

Had a brief "hand-on" with the DF today, very disappointed with the position of the strap eyelet (inline with the grip)
Gets in the way of a having a good grip of the camera.
You are holding the Df wrongly then.
Read Post #511 ;)

11791723455_3172533faf_b.jpg

Probably the best combi.

Best of the Best :thumbsup:

Stevefusion, I like your name !! :thumbsup:
I wish I could change my name to Jefffusion as well :D

I personally prefer Rediffusion :D Goes well with the Df. Have some similarities I feel.

haha, or digital-jeffusion...

somehow i can't attach photo now. maybe is forum rule that i don't have enough post yet.
upcoming , some shot taken with my df with different lens for viewing pleasure.

Last edited:
haha, or digital-jeffusion...

somehow i can't attach photo now. maybe is forum rule that i don't have enough post yet.
upcoming , some shot taken with my df with different lens for viewing pleasure.
Really?
Hmm maybe you can upload the photos into your Flickr or similar website then paste the link here.

Can't figure our how to switch to auto-focus servo on the Df. As far as I could tell this morning, the camera came defaulted with "focus-single". Looking at the specs, it is meant to have continuous focus servo.. any quick hints?? :)

"Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); continuous-servo AF (AF-C); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status Manual focus (M): Electronic rangefinder can be used" (see: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/df/spec.htm)

U can press and hold the button on the focus switch and then turn the rear dial..

If I am not wrong..