Official Announcement of Nikon Df

I will choose

Results are only viewable after voting.

And if anyone has an 18mm or 20mm AI/AI-s for sale (especially if it does not perform to your expectations and you are selling it cheap), do let me know :)

Nikon Df DSLR Camera with 50mm f/1.8 Lens (Silver) = S$3,654.47 based on today price (24-Nov-13)
Source: http://shashinki.com/shop/nikon-dslr-camera-with-50mm-lens-silver-p-17082.html

Nikon Df DSLR Camera with 50mm f/1.8 Lens (Black) = S$3,654.47 based on today price (24-Nov-13)
Source: http://shashinki.com/shop/nikon-dslr-camera-with-50mm-lens-black-p-17083.html

I will post when local shop released their price.

My experience so far with AI/AI-s lenses: 28mm f/2.0, 35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.4, 55m f/2.8 Micro, 105mm f/4 Micro, 105mm f/2.5, 105mm f/1.8, 180mm f/2.8

I am able to test before I buy (it pays when buying from a single vendor) and there are lenses which are way way overrated (some are even deadly expensive but people buy them.. what can you do??). The above lenses I have kept, not because they are super super sharp etc (the nano-coating isn't just a marketing gimmick, it really does have an impact).. but because I like their rendering of the image. If one looks for super sharp, probably (for me at least) only the 105mm f/1.8 will hold its own against the modern glass. But the old glass has a different feel/rendering which I like :)

Sounds very similar to those arguments in the audio world between analog and digital recording, CD's and LP's. Some people are dead sworn to their vinyl LPs! :D

Sounds very similar to those arguments in the audio world between analog and digital recording, CD's and LP's. Some people are dead sworn to their vinyl LPs! :D

I regretted giving away my LP collection.. I am not doing the same mistake twice :)

LP infinitely superior to CD.

I agree, but every year or so I listen to most of my CD collection; before listening to a CD, I wash it with soap to get rid of fungus etc.. can't do the same with LP's (it was tough maintaining a large collection of LPs). Also now that the kids are growing up and have started "borrowing" CDs, its nice to know that when they drop a CD I don't collect it in pieces!!....

Today is 28 November 2013. Big day for Nikon !

Nikon Df is coming to your favorite store !! :cool:

"Despite the apparent use of good quality materials, the Df doesn't feel as expensive as it is."

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikon-df/6

"The only major shooting annoyance we've found so far is that the only way of changing exposure compensation is with the locking dial on the top left shoulder of the camera. There's no option to move it to a command dial, so you have to find and press the central locking nub and simultaneously rotate the dial. It's no more awkward than on a Nikon F3, but anyone who arrived in photography within the last twenty years may find it less fluid than they're used to."

No surprises here, it's meant to be that way. Nice camera.

Last edited:
And Nikon has done it again. $3699 for body and $3999 kit list. Sigh why so high.

I've just called up Cathay and they said it haven't arrive yet, and this batch is only for pre-order...
anyone had idea where can get this without pre-order? thanks!

I've just called up Cathay and they said it haven't arrive yet, and this batch is only for pre-order...
anyone had idea where can get this without pre-order? thanks!
Sitex.

Really? I thought it won't gonna have it in Sitex... and it's far from me to go down to check...
Have you seen it? Btw, S$3999 v kit is abit higher side.
Yup but stock is not in yet.

Hunt people, good deals are around already.... can't say where at the moment though. ;)

Tip.... don't ring around - go to THE store. ;)

Yes sitex have.have to ask. $3699.limited sets. Stock is in. Probably the only place for walk - ins.

Last edited:
Nikon's bundling a Herringbone Atlantis bag as a freebie. Glad I got mine below rrp!