Odex Directors wanna sue anime downloaders in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, wat they are trying to say is we're too wired up in SG for our own good... in those countries, they have more populations which does not have chance to use computers not to mention internet...

so isn't this a veiled attack on the gov? since the gov is the one pushing for sg to be wired up.

Normally, I tend to follow the facts available and dun really comment on the parties involved.

But for this case, I've seen that "statements" were "bended" and "twisted" that make Odex look like an amature in handling what they set out to do.

A lot of changes have happened after the fact of the matter is made public and accumulated the "feedbacks" (mostly outcries) from public forums.

My point is that what WERE they doing since formation of Odex till now. Why the sudden and massive "countermeasures" taking place ONLY after it goes national? IIRC the odex homepage wasn't even up when this thread was started, now ("then") it offers paid VOD.

Had one been monitoring this issue from the beginning it seem that Odex simply don't know what to do and it's very possible once this episode is closed Odex will stagnate again. Still a no-win option for anime fans in Sg.

Personally, I'll not support such a type of company's product... no vision... might as well get vpost to get the real deal from japan. (even tho I need to pick up my japs language again :sweat:)

Normally, I tend to follow the facts available and dun really comment on the parties involved.

But for this case, I've seen that "statements" were "bended" and "twisted" that make Odex look like an amature in handling what they set out to do.

A lot of changes have happened after the fact of the matter is made public and accumulated the "feedbacks" (mostly outcries) from public forums.

My point is that what WERE they doing since formation of Odex till now. Why the sudden and massive "countermeasures" taking place ONLY after it goes national? IIRC the odex homepage wasn't even up when this thread was started, now ("then") it offers paid VOD.

Had one been monitoring this issue from the beginning it seem that Odex simply don't know what to do and it's very possible once this episode is closed Odex will stagnate again. Still a no-win option for anime fans in Sg.

Personally, I'll not support such a type of company's product... no vision... might as well get vpost to get the real deal from japan. (even tho I need to pick up my japs language again :sweat:)
There's a lot of garbage chatter, but if u dial down the ambient noise....

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=25051934&postcount=1

I'm not sure if "authorisation to act on behalf of" alone is sufficient.

I thought you are a lawyer? How come don't know such things?

I thought you are a lawyer? How come don't know such things?

obviously he has some authority to speak on the matter right?

a law firm clerk maybe? dunno leh

Per capita?

Well, depending on what stats and where you read them from. They are right up there among the top few in terms of broadband penetration, infrastructure, per capita subscriber, internet host etc etc. They have a massive download culture there. People are so used to downloading music over there that their music companies had no choice but to open up websites for paid downloads just to stay relevant.

I see... wonder if there will be more letters sent out in the near future... :think:

I see... wonder if there will be more letters sent out in the near future... :think:

if they win the appeal the flood gates will open.

we will hold them !

this is where we fight ! ;(

And tonite we will dine in HELL !!!@!@!!@!!

_|_
icon8.gif
_|_ _|_
icon8.gif
_|_

Eh?

Sparta moved here already?

Oh well...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha... we better dun spark off to much things. later ST pple use CS's members replies as news article...

they did that to hwz already.. we better tone down.

aarrgghh.. down with xedo.

Eh?

Sparta moved here already?

Oh well...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHHAA.....

What is your OCUPATION !!!!

HOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

HAHHAA.....

What is your OCUPATION !!!!

HOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

eh Glenn you willing to put your money where your mouth is?

i knew it. this thread would have alot of views

Status
Not open for further replies.