~ ~ Obituary ~ ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedblade

Sep 28, 2003
Bukit Panjang

The trees around the pond where the white bellied sea eagle fish has been chopped down. Guess I won't be able to get close views of the amazing fishing sights .... :bheart:

A view that is gone forever
2766893615_6d577b77c4_o.jpg

The killing machines
2767741838_ab6caa326e_o.jpg

The aftermath
2767742300_d79291fea2_o.jpg

#$%@#$

is there anything the govt won't chop down and ruin? ugh!

Seems like the WBSE wont come back...normally birds will not fly back when usual perches are gone..

i guess we have to be careful what we wished for ......... :angry:

i believe the area around the pond is to be developed into a sports centre, with you guessed it, water sports included.
heard about this developement a while back, but i guess the time has come ...... :(

WTH?

They are so relentless in everything.

A corporation, indeed.

:cry:

You should send this to Nparks or the straits times.. let them see how developments are chasing nature away...

One less green lung for Singapore...

On a technical note, the pics would be better if either black and white or low saturation with gritty high contrast to express sadness.

oh no!! so sad... when i was cycling pass i notice that place was flattened too :'(

freak!!! I was still thinking of finding the white bellies there this coming friday. :(

are they still around? Will they find a new perch somewhere there? sad......

Speechless... :cry::cry::thumbsd:

You should send this to Nparks or the straits times.. let them see how developments are chasing nature away...

Does it make a difference? Unfortunately nowadays they don't even bother to listen to the ppl anymore. But do what they think is "best" for us. :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

Does it make a difference? Unfortunately nowadays they don't even bother to listen to the ppl anymore. But do what they think is "best" for us. :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

Nowadays? Have they ever listened?

But other people will hear about it. Some may not care, but I feel it is useful to bring publicity to situations like this.

When presented with the choice of a eagle and a water sports centre,
which one will they choose?

To them, there is only one answer. :dunno:

Listen to us? :think:
Does it make a difference? Unfortunately nowadays
they don't even bother to listen to the ppl anymore.
But do what they think is "best" for us. :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

I know I started this issue but I would suggest we do not get too political over it, speaking as a mod. :(

Apologies to the Admin for this, as this topic hits a raw nerve in me (though I have given up nature photography for the moment).

damn yeah i usually see it when i was younger i wondered why i never got to see it circling around anymore... anyways nice shot of the eagle.. its quite rare to see it anyways...

went there yesterday at around 9am. waited for them to appear. 1 came around 10+ and circled around for a while and flew off. i continued waiting and they can back again at around 12pm. this time round 4 fellas came. same thing... circled a while and left. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.