NTU National Vertical Marathon, 1st June 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by sehsuan
thanks for your interest - but are you staying for the whole day? are you a digital user?...

would need to know these if you don't mind :)

could still add you in, since there's one more space for a full-day shooter ;)

I could be there for the early part of the shoot and also towards the end. Not sure if if its a MUST to there for the whole day :)

I'm currently using films but am also able to use digital. Would a Fuji 602 be sufficient for the event?
:bwhat:

Still need a photographer? I can help in the afternoon. If you need me please sms me at 94799265 coz I wun be checking the internet again until then. (no internet access at home)

Originally posted by jeffgoh
Errr y not?? quality?? noise?? sharpness compare to motion blur?(due 2 cam shutter speed) etc.... I think anybody would b able to spot such flaws if u use a A40.. or mayb even end up not able 2 produce results expected of u. Yes Cam is not tat important but it does help facilitate your shots.

In watever shoot knowing your subject and environment is alway important in order to prepare your gears suitable 4 the event...

Just my 2 cents worth...

you will figure that out if you are in my shoes.

Originally posted by mervlam
you will figure that out if you are in my shoes.

sorry for the OT but no flame intented i seriously dun understand the rational behind it.

since the statement u make abt people not knowing the difference maybe u can enlighten me further cos i m indeed not in your shoes. especially so when u mention earlier tat u dun have a digicam how did u derive such a conclusion?

it just makes me wonder if A40 is acceptable to people then why would there be so much hype abt DLSR especially 10D rite now, might as well be contented in getting a low end digicam then?

the same argument as SLR vs P&S? i dun know.

I remember someone posted that when he does sport photography he need a DLSR something like at least 10D or 1DS if i m not wrong? Now i m confused :confused:

jeff, i believe mervlam is trying to say these points when he mentioned the eqpt as limiting factors -

1. pretty hard to change zoom when subject (in sport) is getting closer to you, especially high speed sports like cycling.
2. shutter lag for PnS style digis' (can be helped using half-shutter press and hold though)
3. a40 doesn't allow for Av/Tv settings

i guess that's the main things he wants to say.

by the way, i sure hope you are not talking about me for the 10D/1Ds reference. i myself referred to 10D and/or 1D though, so it can't be me. :dunno:

i get a feeling that some senior members are bordering on the identity of trolls, but please go ahead. this is a thread calling for people who are volunteering, not a thread asking for people to argue. :)

MikaMatin, it is not a must to be there for the whole day, but i was contacted by the organizer that's too many people (5 photogs) for the event - since we'd most likely be found in the stairwells on the levels of the building when the race is on.

nvm... this is going OT. anyway, this got nothing to do with sehsuan's asking for help.

Latest News as of 31st May 2003, 12:01am

Interested photographers please take note - due to unforseen circumstances, the organizers have decided not to engage us for photography. Apologies for all inconveniences caused.

Such last minute decision. Wonder what's Sports Club up to!

Originally posted by mervlam
Such last minute decision. Wonder what's Sports Club up to!

Get used to it man... Sports Club always choot pattern one... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.