now nikon has a stronger low-pass-fitler-less camera, will pentax release k3 for batt

sunnycamera

Dec 8, 2010
SG
24MP low-pass-filter-less D7100 is out, that is a lot resolution compared to 16MP, like those 2 year old full frame,

will landscape photographer consider D7100 a strong competitor to K5iis?

will pentax release k3 for battle after that.

You know it's stronger because?

I for one am not going to drop all my K mount lenses and scoot over to Nikon just because of megapixels.

I for one am not going to drop all my K mount lenses and scoot over to Nikon just because of megapixels.

Heard that the crop factors is 1.3x so the sensor is larger? Well not interested in nikon and never own one.

I guess it may affect the new user's decision, sure not much affect to the existing loyal pentaxian base ;)

it is 1.5 x, and digital 1.3x additional, make it has 1.5x to 2x crop switch, that may compete with olympus E-5's 2x adavantage if their f2 constant zoom is still that high price.

Last edited:
sunnycamera said:
24MP low-pass-filter-less D7100 is out, that is a lot resolution compared to 16MP, like those 2 year old full frame,

will landscape photographer consider D7100 a strong competitor to K5iis?

will pentax release k3 for battle after that.

K3 is for sure 24MP, full frame in order to distinguish from K5IIs, otherwise how to sell?

I would rather have smaller camera with smaller MP, and more accurate color reproduction.

more MP, means more garbage data if your picture is so so only. garbage in garbage out. dunno why people always go gaga about MP...

Of course it's 1.5x. Cropping further to 1.3x is just an option to fill the whole frame with the 51 focus points for better tracking.

With 1.3 option crop turn on , it become 15+ MP I think .

As good as normal cropping on post

I would rather have smaller camera with smaller MP, and more accurate color reproduction.

more MP, means more garbage data if your picture is so so only. garbage in garbage out. dunno why people always go gaga about MP...
because can keep all the details when they print a 6R prints.

you sure or not, 24mp??? I read ogl posting alot saying 24mp got problem thats why no K3 but push K5ii out

I believe the problem of 24mp sensor is the sony sensor you r refering to . But it seem like a better toshiba 24mp sensor is out .

Although start to salivate a bit... But after last year no show....think we better get excited after we see the real thing...

it will come... it has to come this yr else delay 1 more yr will compete with mirrorless FF it will be too late...

anyway there will always be a better cam or should i say better specs... then the next Pentax will better it... then N or C will be better it and so on...

good for us...

flowerpot said:
it will come... it has to come this yr else delay 1 more yr will compete with mirrorless FF it will be too late...

anyway there will always be a better cam or should i say better specs... then the next Pentax will better it... then N or C will be better it and so on...

good for us...

Wrong, Canon will never be better.

Pentax always has an answer to whatever canikon has for aps-c (and imo its always a bit better suited for my needs and smaller in system size)
A new camera by any brand is a given.
They all work pretty well too nowadays, so in the end it boils down to budget and preferences (ie. ergonomics/features/size/interface/lenses)

We can be sure Pentax will have a next model camera coming.
Only exactly when and FF/APS-C/MILC/DSLR.