Notebook operating temperature.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Sorry, dunno whether my notebook HD got problem or not? kept getting temperature warning after an hour plus usage niah......

Anyone know what is the ideal operating temperature?

While the notebook is on, I took a look at the base of it. Think the fan is not running :cry:

The model is Compaq V3040TU .......

Please advise :)

Benign said:
Sorry, dunno whether my notebook HD got problem or not? kept getting temperature warning after an hour plus usage niah......

While the notebook is on, I took a look at the base of it. Think the fan is not running :cry:

for the sake of your offspring, do not place it on your lap... :bsmilie:

there is notebook cooler right? those that are placed below the notebook with a few fans. dunno if work one or not

Benign said:

Send your notebook in for service. Sound like the cooling fan is not working. This will cause temperature to raise within your notebook and might "kill" some of the components inside.

All notebooks run hot. Properly designed ones spew out hot air in directions that do not or should not affect the user. Unfortunately, if you use it on your lap, there is no way to avoid feeling the heat.

The fans are usually designed to come on only when a certain temperature is reached, to reduce noise and save power. Run your CPU at 100% for a few minutes, the fan should come on. If not, it might be spoiled.

Sent it to HP service center yesterday. Think it is going to get a fan replacement. Told me 3 business days. :cry:

Life without it is really unbearable.

And before u send it down to the service center, check to see if ventilation vents are being blocked/clogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.