Normal for hygrometer readings in dry cabinet to fluctuate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptm

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I have a Bossmen SDG26 with analog hygrometer.
I noticed that the readings fluctuate, even though I did not open the cabinet over a few days.
Is this normal?
If it is, what should be the acceptable variance of fluctuation?

ptm said:
I have a Bossmen SDG26 with analog hygrometer.
I noticed that the readings fluctuate, even though I did not open the cabinet over a few days.
Is this normal?
If it is, what should be the acceptable variance of fluctuation?

I don't use a bossman, but I'm pretty sure that it will fluctuate. As long it is betw 40-45% should be okay...

coke21 said:
I don't use a bossman, but I'm pretty sure that it will fluctuate. As long it is betw 40-45% should be okay...

hmm...wat i noticed that whenever i turn the switch to around 40-50%, it will stay around the range for 1-2 days, and sometimes it will fluctuate to more than 50%.
so me being kiasu, will play around with the switch again to set it back 40-50%. :(

ptm said:
hmm...wat i noticed that whenever i turn the switch to around 40-50%, it will stay around the range for 1-2 days, and sometimes it will fluctuate to more than 50%.
so me being kiasu, will play around with the switch again to set it back 40-50%. :(

Mine somehow stabilised at near 50%
ok? or must be lowe?

ptm said:

Do you open your cabinet often? Cos if you do, of cos the readings will increase.

So after you adjust it, does it go back up again?

I'm using Bossman SDG 68 and facing the same problem.

I set it to 2 bar below medium setting and dehydrating box auto switch off after reaching the required Humidity Setting around 40%.

Then the Humidity will increase as day pass by.

when i see the Humidity pass 50%, I normally open the door for 5 minutes to activate the dehydrating box.

malkw said:
I'm using Bossman SDG 68 and facing the same problem.

I set it to 2 bar below medium setting and dehydrating box auto switch off after reaching the required Humidity Setting around 40%.

Then the Humidity will increase as day pass by.

when i see the Humidity pass 50%, I normally open the door for 5 minutes to activate the dehydrating box.

coke21,
my case is similar to malkw.

malkw,
my case is similar to yours too.
so we have to open the door to let the humidity increase and activate the dehydrating box? :(

ptm said:
coke21,
my case is similar to malkw.

malkw,
my case is similar to yours too.
so we have to open the door to let the humidity increase and activate the dehydrating box? :(

my case too....and I have to switch to LR to get the humidity to go down...anyother setting has no effect....Another thing... when the level reaches < 30%...i adjust halfway between LR and MR it will jus steadily go up...looks like only LR setting is working...but the level is too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.