Noise performance: D750 VS D810

Any side by side comparison of d750 and D810 for the same scene would be appreciated... For iso from iso1600 to iso6400...
Thinking of getting the d750 on the claims from many reviewers that d750 is better by one to one and a half stop than the D810...
Also contemplating the df... But this camera kenna bashed by a lot of people on the Web... Have tried it at nikon service centre... Looks good to me but no in depth usage as of now...

Would appreciate any input from csers..

Bro, I wasn't at the launch so did not manage to do any comparison shots. What you can try is to bring your memory card down to NSC and give it a go. One thing to remember is many people tend to compare at 100%. Remember with D810 you have 12 more MP to downsize. Have to take that into account.

Camera in M mode dude.
Then again, what do I know. You must be the resident expert here?
So shooting in M mode is the gold standard? You don't quite get it do you?

I don't claim to be an expert here but you seem to be a prime candidate, as evident with your WOT on speedlite usage 101.
Of course there's only one way to use a speedlite, and it's in M mode. I get it, you're the Man.

TS just said he has a problem with the D750 in TTL... We are having a discussion to find out the problem. And here you are trying to take pot shots at me.
Your inference skills must be bad, shame on your teacher! :thumbsd:

Just for you since you're the Man, I'll break it down for you.
If TTL works on the D700 and underexposes 1 to 2 stops on the D750, then the problem is with the D750 isn't it? :hammer:

I don't claim to be an expert here but you seem to be a prime candidate, as evident with your WOT on speedlite usage 101.
Of course there's only one way to use a speedlite, and it's in M mode. I get it, you're the Man.

If TTL works on the D700 and underexposes 1 to 2 stops on the D750, then the problem is with the D750 isn't it? :hammer:

Nope it can be the flash. It can be the firmware of the flash not being compatible. It can be a weak flash tube, it can be settings that the user did not set well. It can be anything.

Thanks for your attitude. You just earned yourself an infraction.

So thats why the d750 has a 2 stop iso performance improvement. Its to compensate for the inherent under exposure?

I doubt 2 stop variation is acceptable in such standards like camera exposure. I would say a 1/3rd stop variation is still acceptable due to manufacturing tolerances. But 2 stop? On the same system?

Did go down on tue to try, but was held up with other things and by the time I reached, only left about 30 min left to take shots using d750, D810 and df...

Df looks very impressive... D750 also looks good... Currently using D810, not so happy with high iso,, and if d750 can be one stop or more better, don't mind getting it too...

Like to hear from users who have shot real life scenes...
Thanks

Nope it can be the flash. It can be the firmware of the flash not being compatible. It can be a weak flash tube, it can be settings that the user did not set well. It can be anything.

Thanks for your attitude. You just earned yourself an infraction.

So it can also be the d750?

I believe the above example images were shot during the same test session. I guess the weak flash tube should not be the cause

So it can also be the d750?

I believe the above example images were shot during the same test session. I guess the weak flash tube should not be the cause

Are the sample pics shot with flash? I did ask jopel to post more test pics with flash. We also did not get any indication if the settings are exactly the same. Settings like picture styles, Active D-lighting, etc... D700 is a camera he used for a while and has been thoroughly set up. D750 is new... just saying. Too many unknowns. And I have yet to see any test images with flash and all settings listed. How to come to conclusion like that?

Last edited:
Did go down on tue to try, but was held up with other things and by the time I reached, only left about 30 min left to take shots using d750, D810 and df...

Df looks very impressive... D750 also looks good... Currently using D810, not so happy with high iso,, and if d750 can be one stop or more better, don't mind getting it too...

Like to hear from users who have shot real life scenes...
Thanks

D4s bro.... but cannot crop as much.

Are the sample pics shot with flash? I did ask jopel to post more test pics with flash. We also did not get any indication if the settings are exactly the same. Settings like picture styles, Active D-lighting, etc... D700 is a camera he used for a while and has been thoroughly set up. D750 is new... just saying. Too many unknowns. And I have yet to see any test images with flash and all settings listed. How to come to conclusion like that?

I may have misinterpreted his post, but I thought those images he shot were with flash, thus showing the difference in exposure.

Ok we'll leave it to jopel to post more images for comparison.

Whatever it is, I'm impressed at the handling of the D750 and it would be my choice of camera if I were to go back to dslrs

Wah... Poison leh... Ha ha...
Thinking of df cause smaller and easier to bring around...
D4s like too old into life cycle liao leh..

People say price drop coming... AF is super kick ass... gotta be good for them in flight shots bro.

Yah... Have tried friend's d4s... Really like a camera on steroids. . Only few points holding me back:
-Loud shutter (not as damped as D810, I believe the new release will feature such damped shuiter)
- 3 year old sensor (if counting the d4)
-16mp a bit on low side(would prefer 20 or 24mp)
-focus on - 1ev
-USB 2.0
And some other points...

Yah... Have tried friend's d4s... Really like a camera on steroids. . Only few points holding me back:
-Loud shutter (not as damped as D810, I believe the new release will feature such damped shuiter)
- 3 year old sensor (if counting the d4)
-16mp a bit on low side(would prefer 20 or 24mp)
-focus on - 1ev
-USB 2.0
And some other points...

Focus should be -3ev bro. Agree on the rest. But it also comes with gigbit ethernet port... D4 is only 100Mb port...

Even I am tempted... almost pulled the trigger.

Focus should be -3ev bro. Agree on the rest. But it also comes with gigbit ethernet port... D4 is only 100Mb port...

Even I am tempted... almost pulled the trigger.

just checked.... focus down to -2ev ...
only D750 can focus down to -3ev

Your D4 power liao... for you, D5 then upgrade lah... :)

Sharing some images at 100% crop
$1.jpg$2.jpg
$3.jpg$4.jpg

from what I shot at the Nikon showroom, D750 does seem cleaner. but just wondering in real world situations,
how much does that translate to in terms of noise performance compared to the D810...

To clean up the thread, all unrelated OT posts deleted.

best to test in a controlled environment to see the differences in the metering of the cameras, do note that the expeed has also changed

yes, the shots are not taken in a controlled setting...
but after looking through the shots for 2 days, I have come to the unscientific conclusion that:

1. D750 definitely has better high iso than D810 (maybe by about one stop there about only, I doubt it is more than one stop)
very visible from iso3200 onwards...
2. D750 is no match for Nikon DF, despite what some online reviews have mentioned, I personally feel that DF is definitely better than D750,
and by quite a lot, like close to one stop difference. Moreover, the rendering and colours of the DF are more pleasing to my eyes...
For instance, at iso5000, DF handles it so well that is hardly a trace of any noise in its image... the same can't be said for the D750, though it still is able to handle noise at this level well.
For iso3200. D750 has no problem with noise at all...

now the dilemma: to get the DF?
no video (not a deal breaker here) and rumors of a newer version...
the one thing that troubles me most is the focusing, 39pts and reports on some websites and forum that says it has trouble focusing in low light

to get the D750 ? not as good at iso5000 and above...

hmm... back to drawing board again... ha ha

Bro, looks like compromise.... D810....