Noise in half of picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjonhan

Oct 18, 2006
I have noticed that when ever i take pictures whereby half the picture will turn out bright enough while the darker side bringing about a lot of noice.

For eg. when i take the picture of e sun setting in the back ground of buildings, the sun turns out okie but the darker buildings end up very very noisy. Does anyone have an explanaiton for this?THanks

I have noticed that when ever i take pictures whereby half the picture will turn out bright enough while the darker side bringing about a lot of noice.

For eg. when i take the picture of e sun setting in the back ground of buildings, the sun turns out okie but the darker buildings end up very very noisy. Does anyone have an explanaiton for this?THanks

underexposed monotonous area are more likely to have noise, as hot pixels stand out more strongly in black, while colored pixels stand out less in bright area. colored pixels in colored monotonous area can be conspicuous while colored pixels in detailed colored area can't be seen well.

i can't explained why half, that depends on what you mean by half.

show me

oops! do i sound like someone.:bsmilie:

It's normal. I think it is due to signal-to-noise ratio. If you have a bright image, you have higher signal. Thus, the noise will appear less obvious.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.