No pay from ex-employer...any advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Just quit my job last month but realised that my ex-employer did not transfer my salary into my my bank account. Neither they posted the cheque to me for my car allowance.

Today I make a call and check for the reason and they simply said that they hold back last week (did not give me any reason). They just say will pay me when they are free....

This is fraustrating and MOM did not cover such employment act for those executive level and request me to engage a lawyer for this case.

Is it worth the hassle to engage a lawyer ?
how much would be the legal cost?
My chances of winning the case?

TIA

Teo said:
Just quit my job last month but realised that my ex-employer did not transfer my salary into my my bank account. Neither they posted the cheque to me for my car allowance.

Today I make a call and check for the reason and they simply said that they hold back last week (did not give me any reason). They just say will pay me when they are free....

This is fraustrating and MOM did not cover such employment act for those executive level and request me to engage a lawyer for this case.

Is it worth the hassle to engage a lawyer ?
how much would be the legal cost?
My chances of winning the case?

TIA

1) depends on your current pay...

2) depends who you approach...

3) depends which lawyer is handling...

:lovegrin: :sweatsm:

get a loanshark..happened to me..didn't get paid for a couple of months for my internship

Are you a work permit holder? if yes, the company will have to hold for 1 month to clear income tax i think. One of my Malaysian friend ended up in same situation when she quited her job.

Go to MOM.

Email your company for black and white dialogue then send that accordingly to MOM.

there is no need to engage a lawyer yet.

approach MOM for assistance in getting your last pay. MOM assists all, including 'executives'. whether one is within the scope of our employment act is irrelevant as far as seeking such assistance from MOM is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.